Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THIS.

I always predict multiple possible scenarios while driving. Even when an accident happened in front of me on a highway and I had enough time to slow down to a complete stop I knew already that in about 2 seconds I will be rear ended. 😢
Until a false positive bites you in the ass. I don't see how regenerative braking down a large hill should ding you when within the speed limit for hard braking. There is nothing to be situationally aware of here other than avoiding going down hill. ;)

Until a false positive bites you in the ass. I don't see how regenerative braking down a large hill should ding you when within the speed limit for hard braking. There is nothing to be situationally aware of here other than avoiding going down hill. ;)
The 0.3G is the real limit, not 6.7 MPH. Even being stopped on a downhill takes traction, so it takes less braking force/ rate to hit the limit.
Imagine maintaining control on an icy hill.

The 0.3G is the real limit, not 6.7 MPH. Even being stopped on a downhill takes traction, so it takes less braking force/ rate to hit the limit.
Imagine maintaining control on an icy hill.
Yeah, I can imagine that, but if that is the baseline for these scores it's kind of silly. Hills exist in "normal" weather conditions and can't be avoided, stating the obvious, you must brake descending the hill or you continue to accelerate until you reach unsafe speeds and say, crash into the side of a mountain. Drive around San Francisco for 15 minutes, you can't avoid them.

Reactions: mongo
Yeah, I can imagine that, but if that is the baseline for these scores it's kind of silly. Hills exist in "normal" weather conditions and can't be avoided, stating the obvious, you must brake descending the hill or you continue to accelerate until you reach unsafe speeds and say, crash into the side of a mountain. Drive around San Francisco for 15 minutes, you can't avoid them.
Agree, no one should drive in San Francisco ...
Or Boston...
Really though, many SF streets would cause you to exceed 0.3G (30% grade or 17 degrees) when parked.
The Real Top 10 List of Steepest Streets in San Francisco

Reactions: queue
I agree and the turning speed also. Entering a highway at a slow speed is dangerous.

iPhone or Android? It only works on iPhone (android works on an unofficial version of the app). Make sure your Tesla app is updated, then do a force quit of the app and it should show up.

It's not an unofficial version of the app. It is the actual app. It's just that you have to sideload it, which is an unofficial way of obtaining the app.

Some people have legitimately gotten the app off the Play store, which would indicate that either Tesla or Google is doing a rolling release. Someone who already has the app can pull it off their phone can upload it to a mirror site so others can sideload it instead of waiting for it to appear "officially."

Here is the apk bundle for 4.1.0 (download it on your phone):

And here's an app you can use to install that:

Phantom forward Collision Warning from a car that was turning right into a driveway and was significantly ahead of me (and successfully completed the turn without me even having to slow down) knocked my score down 4 points. Which is a significant amount according to this tweet

Yeah, a single FCW takes about 500 miles to repair (to ~100).

I wonder what Tesla is going to call actual, useful L4 driving? They're using up a lot of their good names pretty early...
Plaid Self Driving!
Then I went to check today and it says I’m NINE today

You win!

Keep up. The Safety Score is a highly scientific formula honed over 6 Billion miles of data to accurately estimate your Predicted Collison Frequency.
And we have a $10,000 bridge to sell you.

I paid attention to this today and regen-only braking for average hills here only works if you’ve already slowed down to around 10mph or so. No way to stop from 25mph within a single block without getting penalized, especially if you have other cars around you. Luckily my hard braking score should be back in the green after a few more trips…

makes me even more infuriated- got a Bullsh!t FCW from an overpass (no lines for FSD on the road either), everything else Ive done perfectly

I know. Someone nose dived into carpool lane and slammed on the brakes while on AP and give a hard brake and FCW ding. Manually I usually stay behind 2 to 3 seconds but AP can only do 1 to 1.2 seconds at follow distance 7. Not a lot of room for dive bombers.

It's not an unofficial version of the app. It is the actual app. It's just that you have to sideload it, which is an unofficial way of obtaining the app.

Some people have legitimately gotten the app off the Play store, which would indicate that either Tesla or Google is doing a rolling release. Someone who already has the app can pull it off their phone can upload it to a mirror site so others can sideload it instead of waiting for it to appear "officially."

Here is the apk bundle for 4.1.0 (download it on your phone):

And here's an app you can use to install that:
It's a security risk. Period. For getting this a couple of days earlier, risking your phone and personal information just ain't worth it.