Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a perfect 100 with not a single ding in 7 days of driving. I drive like I usually do on familiar suburban streets hardly ever driving over 35 miles/hr. Like always, I do 1 pedal driving, feathering gradually off the accelerator as regen brings the car to a slow stop. (I only lightly apply the brake at the intersection if the car hasn't come to a complete stop with regen.) I take all turns slowly. I have always done this. In fact the only major difference now in my driving is that I am careful passing parked cars allowing more than enough clearance to avoid FCWs. Since I am generally travelimg way below 50 mph, I cant get dinged for close followimg. I seldom take the freeways but if I do, I always use AP entering and disable it as I slowly exit the freeway at less than 35 mph. I try to anticipate changing traffic lights ahead of me and slow a bit as I approach them to avoid hard breaking or having to run a yellow. As always, I am only traveling 10-15 m/day with many short trips/day. My 2018 M3 has only 16,000 miles so my daily driving distance is typical for me; I am not trying to game my score by driving more or less. Will I get FSD beta this Saturday? ( Unlike some with a 2 week score, I only have a 7 day run.)
We'll see.

Interesting new stats from TeslaFi.
Note that the % of 100 scores has gone up to 9% from 8% yesterday.

1633658630266.png

Last edited:
People who receive the beta of FSD Beta this weekend are not getting what they paid for. Likely an NDA, consenting to ongoing monitoring, etc. will be required to participate. Don't let yourself get carried away with enthusiasm about what is happening here.
Whoa.
So this release that has been discussed will require an NDA?
So when Elon says it "roll out at midnight" what he MEANS is that they will send you an email, and then you have to read and sign an NDA, and the lawyers need to check it? When will they actually get this beta- November?

That's super unlikely. Because, the technoking has already said just a week ago:
There's a lot of videos shared," Musk said during the 2021 Code Conference. "I don't know why there's an NDA. We probably don't need it.
Also an NDA for 1000 people is just silly. At that point it's clear that it's basically public knowledge, plus Tesla has lost their ability to claim any real enforcement of NDA's given they didn't enforce then at all with the 71 other testers, despite there supposedly being one.

If an NDA is needed, then this is even farther from a "release" than most people thought.

I've been getting consistent scores of 100, except when I don't: When some jerk drifts into my lane 20 feet in front of my car while traffic is slowing and I'm forced to brake hard while getting a collision warning. I avoid hitting the guy BECAUSE I'm a good driver. But I get dinged.

Question for those who don't have a perfect 100 score. What percentage are you driving on Autopilot vs. driving manually?

Reason asking is that if you think about it FSD Beta is basically you monitoring Autopilot and making sure you're paying attention to it's moves. If you're mainly driving manually that defeats the purpose of using FSD Beta?! Right?

I have a perfect 100 score and been using Autopilot 99% of all my drives (city/freeway) I have logged only 110 miles since I'm still WFH and haven't need to drive everyday and the 1% is take over for turns and my manual driving has been the reason I had 1 ding on my score from Unsafe following. Anyone have this same thought? Just curious

Reactions: Aerodyna
I've been getting consistent scores of 100, except when I don't: When some jerk drifts into my lane 20 feet in front of my car while traffic is slowing and I'm forced to brake hard while getting a collision warning. I avoid hitting the guy BECAUSE I'm a good driver. But I get dinged.
The score naturally takes into account the aggressive driving patterns around you too. This is a collision probability score, not an individual driver safety score. But I agree the title makes it feel like it's an individual measure of safety. That's not its intent.

For those working to get to a score of 100 by the 10.2 release here is a link to my spreadsheet that can assist you in your planning.
There are full instructions on the sheet as shown on the screenshot below the link. Thanks for the nice comments I've gotten from folks who have used this. Who is going to pull a ~500 miler to get to 100? Good luck and safe driving.

Thank you for this. I was "flying blind" with only a rough idea of what I needed and just squeaked out a 100. Now that I entered all my data, I see how close it really was. It matches what I saw in the app exactly.

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.30.37 PM.jpg

So this release that has been discussed will require an NDA?
No, I did not say it would. I said it likely would, but it definitely may not! I am fairly sure it will be a bit more complicated than a simple “download and drive,” as for a normal update, though! I guess we will see!

If an NDA is needed, then this is even farther from a "release" than most people thought.
I think it is pretty far from a standard software release, NDA or not.

Reactions: ahoen117
Got my wife’s model 3 to 100 tonight…we would have been smooth sailing without too much effort, but when she got home today she had 1.5% hard braking for the day…took me forever to get it back down to 0.2%. Tomorrow we are doing a day trip in my Y and I should be able to get that one to 100 too.

Edit: just need 292 miles at 100 on mine tomorrow, I’ve hit 100 everyday on mine except for the first day where I logged 100 miles or so at 93

Reactions: EVNow
Question for those who don't have a perfect 100 score. What percentage are you driving on Autopilot vs. driving manually?

Reason asking is that if you think about it FSD Beta is basically you monitoring Autopilot and making sure you're paying attention to it's moves. If you're mainly driving manually that defeats the purpose of using FSD Beta?! Right?

I have a perfect 100 score and been using Autopilot 99% of all my drives (city/freeway) I have logged only 110 miles since I'm still WFH and haven't need to drive everyday and the 1% is take over for turns and my manual driving has been the reason I had 1 ding on my score from Unsafe following. Anyone have this same thought? Just curious
The thing is. If you get a ding, you need to keep driving awfully careful to the point where you’re an obstacle to others in order to minimize your ding. If you drive on autopilot, you won’t get dings. But! If you get a ding and then drive on autopilot, it won’t dilute the ding unless it’s only based on the miles driven.

Reactions: _jal_