Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't look at the colors. Look at the numbers and (more importantly) their effect on the score.

The colors mean nothing. You can have green 1.4% hard braking taking you to 97. Or you can have yellow unsafe following at 15% taking you to ...100. Or 25% (red) taking you to 99.

It's not the following that is hurting you if you're at 97-98. The worst unsafe following at 60% can give you is a 99 assuming no other detrimental factors.

You can worry about unsafe following later but as long as you keep it below 5% it's really not a concern. (And it's really easy to get it below 1%.)
Mine dropped from a “forward collision warning” that never happened. Took me to a 99. Happy to wait if I don’t have to keep driving afraid of someone slowing down in front of me. It makes it no fun to drive when you are driving for “score”!

Reactions: Sporty
E8EF0ACA-9C35-49A4-9548-C5515AD9F020.jpeg

Yea I started to do that too but only after FCW happened. I also don’t understand the metric, out of one FCW I got this (6 or 7), which has not really diluted over the past 1000 miles

People, stop bragging about your 100 score, or lamenting the horrors of being stuck at 98. Making us inferior drivers feel even worse!

And shame on Musk for turning this into a game. How about issuing software to those who signed up the earliest (or paid the most $$)? Given the clear flaws of the program, it's not necessarily showing who's legitimately the safest driver. Someone else on this forum pointed out that Tesla had no safety issues accepting our cash to purchase a car that can rocket to 60 MPH faster than most super cars. Being granted access to what we fully paid for (years ago) shouldn't require jumping through these arbitrary hoops. I definitely don't recall signing acknowledgement that I'd only received FSD software after proving my worthiness.

People, stop bragging about your 100 score, or lamenting the horrors of being stuck at 98. Making us inferior drivers feel even worse!

And shame on Musk for turning this into a game. How about issuing software to those who signed up the earliest (or paid the most $$)? Given the clear flaws of the program, it's not necessarily showing who's legitimately the safest driver. Someone else on this forum pointed out that Tesla had no safety issues accepting our cash to purchase a car that can rocket to 60 MPH faster than most super cars. Being granted access to what we fully paid for (years ago) shouldn't require jumping through these arbitrary hoops. I definitely don't recall signing acknowledgement that I'd only received FSD software after proving my worthiness.
I would never 100 brag about 100 having a better 100 score than 100 you. That would 100 be very 100 insensitive.

Only nine hours to FSD Heaven!

Once a day closes, are those score locked? Now that I've learned the trick of driving without ap to recover previous unsafe following dings, I'm at 100 for today but if I keep going, can it help previous days?

Yes, through the weighted miles. Basically more high scores with lots of miles can slowly average out the old daily scores. but most effective mitigation is same-day, for the specific dings you may have gotten.

Okay fam - I’m sitting at 💯 and eagerly awaiting my update. Does anyone have superstitious rituals on update night that I can use as a distraction?

Here’s what I’ve got so far:
- Bugs are wiped off the front bumper so Elon knows my sensors are prepped for FSD.
- Parked at exactly 12 degrees in the garage in honor of XAe A-12.
- Something something “2 weeks” something (3-beer kuzco is too lazy to finish that joke)

It’s pretty safe to say that if you encounter another Tesla on the road TODAY, they have a score below probably 98. Anyone else is just sitting at home on their hands watching paint dry.

;-)

disclaimer: said in jest.

I would never 100 brag about 100 having a better 100 score than 100 you. That would 100 be very 100 insensitive.

Only nine hours to FSD Heaven!

...or FSD Hell, depending.....

Reactions: FalconFour

Elon must of watched Squid Game and thought let's do FSD Beta Game 😂

Pssst: Peep my signature for my Safety score 😝

Who cares if we are safe drivers if the software is controlling the car. Tesla should care that we can operate the vehicle safely in “automatic” mode.
They care because this FULL SELF DRIVING CAPABILITY actually requires a driver with very good attention and fast reflexes, given it will try to kill you if you take your attention away.

The very fact that they will only give it to people that have passed some kind of test (relevant or not) tells you just how untested this is and far away from any kind of actual self driving.

It's still firmly in the entertainment phase.