Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re signing up to experience the progress as it’s made, and be part of something big.

This is EXACTLY (and the only) reason I paid for FSD.
I only wanted to be part of the progress of this technology.
I don't want or care for the finished product, I have no use for it.
I just only really wanted to be a part of the development of it; and I thought that's what would happen over OtA SW upgrades over time.
IDGAF about the finished product... sadly I've only been "part of the progress" by watching EVERY SINGLE YouTube FSD video about FSD.

Searching through this thread, I couldn't come to a clear answer:
Does the car filter out gravity from it's accelerometer reading for braking and turning? Because it sure feels like it doesn't. Turning slowly around a high grade corner seems to ding aggressive turning.
Based on my experience no .. I braked moderately to stop (safely) at a yellow light on a pretty steep gradient and got dinged for it. So my choice was to drop below 100% or run a yellow light .. I'd like the FSD beta, but I'm not dumb enough to risk safe driving to get it. It's pretty bad that Tesla would allow such a thing IMHO.

Searching through this thread, I couldn't come to a clear answer:
Does the car filter out gravity from it's accelerometer reading for braking and turning? Because it sure feels like it doesn't. Turning slowly around a high grade corner seems to ding aggressive turning.
Its the same with an unloaded African Swallow. ;-)

You guys are nuts…we have already paid thousands for this software, waited years, and now putting hundreds of extra miles on just to be able to get it.

This is getting crazy…
Exactly what @gearchruncher was referring to
This is not the software you paid for though.

This is a chance to beta-test an unfinished version of it.

If you only want the finished version you bought just keep driving normally and wait.
Let’s be serious. It’ll never come out of beta. Not as long as there are other people driving manually and there’s no autonomous grid (like in I, Robot) it’ll remain beta with people sinking $10k car after car after car.

Oh and the “it’ll get more expensive if you don’t buy it now” is one of the most genius business moves ever.

If people don’t get to play with beta for their $10k, I predict that they won’t see any FSD in their current life span of their car with the current hardware.

Reactions: DaveG_NJ
Can someone explain what the use of the "Scoring Factors" is ? (you know, shown when you check your score on the app)

Based on just that I should have 99.56 which would be 100, however being mile weighted I'm at 99.26 (and would need 422 miles @ 100 to get to 99.51)

The scoring factors have been going down over time as I accumulate more "normal" braking, turning and following time ... but only mileage can improve the score... so what is the point?

Attachments

• TSS.jpg
    TSS.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 68
Can someone explain what the use of the "Scoring Factors" is ? (you know, shown when you check your score on the app)

Based on just that I should have 99.56 which would be 100, however being mile weighted I'm at 99.26 (and would need 422 miles @ 100 to get to 99.51)

The scoring factors have been going down over time as I accumulate more "normal" braking, turning and following time ... but only mileage can improve the score... so what is the point?
It’s not only mileage. If you drive 100 miles on AP, it won’t dilute your unsafe following distance. You’ll need to drive 100 miles manually keeping safe distance with a vehicle in front of you in order to dilute that. Pretty sure the only thing mileage on AP dilutes is the FCW.

That 96 hurts me so bad! I had no idea at the time that I could so easily fix it before the end of the day. I've had only perfect scores since... :(
Yea one false FCW screwed me and it’s been impossible to recover from 99. Funny how a beta software can dump your chances of beta testing another beta software. Some sort of beta inception.

It’s not only mileage. If you drive 100 miles on AP, it won’t dilute your unsafe following distance. You’ll need to drive 100 miles manually keeping safe distance with a vehicle in front of you in order to dilute that. Pretty sure the only thing mileage on AP dilutes is the FCW.
Ok, If you saw the picture I posted you see how diluted my individual scores are but I'm not at 100... so what gives?

I won't do a complete explanation but I can tell you that for me I completely ignore those 'front page' details and only look at the 'big, total, rounded' score on the front page. The individual details on the Daily Details score page are VERY important during an individual day when you can still do something about any errors. You might want to consider plugging your daily details into my spreadsheet and see what it tells you. - Safety Score.

I've been driving manually most of the time since day 6, except for part of day 9

Attachments

• TSS.jpg
    TSS.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 35
I won't do a complete explanation but I can tell you that for me I completely ignore those 'front page' details and only look at the 'big, total, rounded' score on the front page. The individual details on the Daily Details score page are VERY important during an individual day when you can still do something about any errors. You might want to consider plugging your daily details into my spreadsheet and see what it tells you.
I did. I need 422 miles @ 100

Attachments

• TSS.jpg
    TSS.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 34
I won't do a complete explanation but I can tell you that for me I completely ignore those 'front page' details and only look at the 'big, total, rounded' score on the front page. The individual details on the Daily Details score page are VERY important during an individual day when you can still do something about any errors. You might want to consider plugging your daily details into my spreadsheet and see what it tells you. - Safety Score.
My only question is what is the point of the "Scoring factors" page. I can lower them all they long but that doesn't matter. Only additional miles matter

My only question is what is the point of the "Scoring factors" page. I can lower them all they long but that doesn't matter. Only additional miles matter
However total miles don't matter to Tesla, which is what bugs me the most. Someone that drove 1 mile around the block to get 100 gets it, but someone with a 99 and 2000 miles doesn't. That to me makes no sense.

The safety score has a not insignificant amount of BS built into it, and it's ripe for endless drama with it tied to FSD beta. Honestly, my recommendation to Tesla would have been to keep it a secret if they really want to do it, because in a lot of cases it will be wrong about how safe a driver is, and Tesla generally won't give a *sugar*, and that's just signing up for bad PR.

Can you get dinged for running a lot yellow lights? Because the sun was low in the sky a few weeks back, and according to the car, I ran about 100 immediately consecutive yellow lights in a row while driving down the interstate.

Last edited: