Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some schmuck jumps into my lane everytime I get on the freeway. I think I'll be staying at 96 and I'll get it when I get it, if I get it
I was out this morning, 05:45 PST. NOBODY on the road and that was the purpose.. figured I could get my 98 up to 99 with a 30 mile RT and a trip to a new supercharger.

On the northbound 280 near Sand Hill, FOUR LANES, WIDE open, not a single other car in site, I’m coming on the on-ramp to merge onto this four lane autobahn and this p-car is in the RIGHT lane (so closest to the on-ramp lane) and just does not budge.. not the slightest move to the NEXT lane over, or more, just locked in in the right lane and now speeding up to match my on-ramp speed. I had to push up to now 75 just to get ahead rather than risk the lift off bug at that speed that would trigger a sudden braking error.

The ignorance of some people, and lack of driving skill, simple foresight or nay courtesy just continues to blow my mind.

Some schmuck jumps into my lane everytime I get on the freeway. I think I'll be staying at 96 and I'll get it when I get it, if I get it
To keep your score and you’re on the highway with other cars you need to use AP. Roll the speed up & down all the time. Eg if someone starts to cut in roll the speed down to make space. It doesn’t care about following, breaking, etc when it’s on AP. Watch out for cones/barrels.. move into a lane not near those if possible. And for truss bridges. Mine breaks for those. Also if you can stay 1 lane away from cars/trucks that are bouncing around in their lane or are going slow. AP doesn’t like that either.

I wish someone could explain to me how I got a zero.

6ADBBD38-D4C5-4DC2-8C12-98342BE7D6AF.jpeg

I wish someone could explain to me how I got a zero.

View attachment 719965
Go to your Tesla app, open Safety Score, and go to Daily Details. Then use the navigation arrows <> to get to the day in question to see if you drove any miles that day (I'm hoping you find it was just a 'no driving' day). If you did drive then click on Trips and using <> go through each trip to see what errors you had. Please let us know what you find.

Last edited:
Removed it a year or two ago... it's now sold as an after-delivery option installed by Tesla rangers (or at an SC) for $300, likewise they stopped including a 14-50 adapter a while ago, but you can order em from Tesla shop at $35... (same for removing the trunk/frunk mats they used to include)
They sure did. I bought a July 2019 Model 3 where I had to buy the Homelink afterwards.

Anyone please answer. I have a 100 and Hard Braking of 0.4%. Tomorrow (ass-uming) 3.2 drops tomorrow night what would be best:

• Get up super early and get on the Interstate and do several 70-0 with regen stops to try and lower my braking (will this work?)
  • Just try and drive the minimum I can (about 6 miles city) and hope for a 100 daily and this will keep my 100 overall

Will I still have a 100 doing the latter provided I don't have any incident or do I need and tray and lower my Hard Braking score? Also is the former a good way to do that?

Not sure I understand. Today is only 5 miles and a Yellow 1.5% Hard Braking for a daily score of 97. However my overall score is 100. Why should I drive more today? Would't it be better to just try and drive a 100 tomorrow for only 6 miles and that would keep my overall 100 score?

Also you and others have said that a 0.2% Hard Braking was the max allowed. I have 0.4% and a 100. What is different for me?

I think (and hope) Tesla is considering "overall" 100's only (not the daily 100's). If I were you, I wouldn't be driving at all today!

Or, if it has a tilt sensor it would know it is going downhill [...]
How is a tilt sensor different from an accelerometer? As you said, something external to the car is needed to differentiate gravity from acceleration. I agree with you that if the car can know/calculate it's orientation via GPS then it could in theory use that to compensate for gravity in its accelerometer measurements.