Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far I haven't got anything. If it is a rolling out over time should I have gotten an email? Is it an email or a Inbox on the App?

Also if it is rolling out am I safe to drive today (or if the roll out takes a couple of days) if I were to get lowered to a 99? Or is it rolled out to instantly checked scores (100 right before email sent)?
Someone else had mentioned it appears they locked scores as of Friday. Who knows what the truth is if you have 100 score the rollout should hit your car. The email will come through regular email and not app notification, the download was instant with the email

Woke up for to satisfy a call from nature, and saw a notification on my phone. Installed and stayed up like an idiot for it to finish and try it out. It works. I don’t know how useful it is and it is much more abrupt and jerkier than my normal driving (and given how much the beta testers have said Tesla has smoothed it out, it must have been terrible when it first came out), but it works.

Turns seem pretty aggressive, but that might be because of “passenger syndrome” (where if you’re used to driving, turns, accelerations, and braking can seem more abrupt when you’re a passenger). I was a little concerned around some corners and I found myself looking towards the edge of the curb to make sure the car wasn’t going to clip it than maintaining situational awareness on turns. It certainly isn’t comfortable enough to think you can stop paying attention, at least (for me, anyway). I’m going to bed again. I’ll try it very carefully around other cars tomorrow.

Be safe, everyone who got the Beta tonight!

I did get it. I'd guess FSD driving would score about a 75 on the safety score. Pretty jerky. No possibility of disabling auto high beams with FSD is enabled, and it kept flashing the cars in front of me on the highway. You can manually disable the high beam it seems but they will turn back on after some amount of time.

This is pretty close to how I expected FSD to work honestly, though some of the hype from people like Sandy Monroe had me hoping for something smoother. But anyone who thinks this drives like a person... I feel bad for any of their passengers when they drive manually.

Darn! No email and I hit 100 Friday at 3PM... I had over 500 miles and perfect score every day except the first day, but that was 10 days ago. Hopefully they are coming in small waves like he said, but he did say that "Everyone" with a perfect score on Friday would get it.

I was out this morning, 05:45 PST. NOBODY on the road and that was the purpose.. figured I could get my 98 up to 99 with a 30 mile RT and a trip to a new supercharger.

On the northbound 280 near Sand Hill, FOUR LANES, WIDE open, not a single other car in site, I’m coming on the on-ramp to merge onto this four lane autobahn and this p-car is in the RIGHT lane (so closest to the on-ramp lane) and just does not budge.. not the slightest move to the NEXT lane over, or more, just locked in in the right lane and now speeding up to match my on-ramp speed. I had to push up to now 75 just to get ahead rather than risk the lift off bug at that speed that would trigger a sudden braking error.

The ignorance of some people, and lack of driving skill, simple foresight or nay courtesy just continues to blow my mind.
Lift off bug? What's that?

He probably means the regen braking where you lift your foot off the pedal and it dings you. I’ve always feathered my regen and time my slow downs so I’ve not experienced this issue.
Oh if that's the case, that's not a bug. Regen braking is still braking and can trigger hard braking. Tesla has a very strong regen so we would need to feather the throttle as we slow down to avoid getting dinged.