Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns seem pretty aggressive, but that might be because of ā€œpassenger syndromeā€ (where if youā€™re used to driving, turns, accelerations, and braking can seem more abrupt when youā€™re a passenger). I was a little concerned around some corners and I found myself looking towards the edge of the curb to make sure the car wasnā€™t going to clip it than maintaining situational awareness on turns. It certainly isnā€™t comfortable enough to think you can stop paying attention, at least (for me, anyway). Iā€™m going to bed again. Iā€™ll try it very carefully around other cars tomorrow.

Be safe, everyone who got the Beta tonight!
I'm sure you know this, but after numerous complaints from my Bride, I finally thought to change steering to Comfort, accelerator to Chill and lane changes to Normal. Now, her complaints are limited to the hard ride - about the Y, that is! ;)

To whoever got the FSD beta, please drive safely so that the 99 safety scorers can get it this week! šŸ˜
And, please stop critiquing on less than stellar aspects! We should all agree to keep our opinions private on just how "bad" it is...whatever it is, it's better than what we had and the real bonus is that we're finally a part of a crucial safety and technological advancement for humankind.

And, please stop critiquing on less than stellar aspects! We should all agree to keep our opinions private on just how "bad" it is...whatever it is, it's better than what we had and the real bonus is that we're finally a part of a crucial safety and technological advancement for humankind.
Actually, I think it is important to discuss how bad it may be. It could help some realize this is not in a great state and you must be super careful to use it. I think the biggest aspect to this going wider is safety and no accidents.

Actually, I think it is important to discuss how bad it may be. It could help some realize this is not in a great state and you must be super careful to use it. I think the biggest aspect to this going wider is safety and no accidents.
Right, criticism and critique is the whole purpose of beta testing something, well maybe not in 21st century with all the sensitivity šŸ˜…

• Funny
Reactions: techlogik
Oh if that's the case, that's not a bug. Regen braking is still braking and can trigger hard braking. Tesla has a very strong regen so we would need to feather the throttle as we slow down to avoid getting dinged.
The new S Refresh models brake pads should last about 99+ years based on their regen!! I got dinged pretty bad the first day of the Score card for braking and haven't touched the brake pedal since more than ~3 times and over 1,700 miles of scoring. Regen alone WILL ding so I have to feather the go pedal every stop to not get dinged. Have had a couple of dings during the last week and completely on regen.

Regen is one of the "updates" they need to do to the scoring algorithm. I can make all my turns in under .4g but the feathering of the go pedal is pretty tough sometimes.

current score 99 with 1,953 miles ALL commute + daily family beater car, no trips or gaming the system miles!!

Remember to consider creating a separate profile with the FSD beta engaged so you can drive on the old AP if you have someone that might not appreciate being part of a beta drive (like my wife). Thanks Chuck Cook for the idea.
Since it's not a single stack yet, isn't the NOA on limited access highways just the same as 21.32.22? Also, forgive my ignorance, but how can one setup a separate profile for an older SW version?

Anyone who is unaware that the FSD beta is not even close to perfect must've been living under a rock for past 2 years. Please, don't F this up for the rest of us non-100/100 - sniping about how 'not perfect' it is serves only to get the beta expansion shutdown. Or, is that the selfish reason for complaining? Just sayin' - not escalatin'!

Reactions: GargantulaKon
I did get it. I'd guess FSD driving would score about a 75 on the safety score. Pretty jerky. No possibility of disabling auto high beams with FSD is enabled, and it kept flashing the cars in front of me on the highway. You can manually disable the high beam it seems but they will turn back on after some amount of time.

This is pretty close to how I expected FSD to work honestly, though some of the hype from people like Sandy Monroe had me hoping for something smoother. But anyone who thinks this drives like a person... I feel bad for any of their passengers when they drive manually.
Sure would be interesting to see the daily SCORE of the FSD beta!!! Come on Elon, tell us YOUR score AND give a glimpse of the FSD Beta score card for a drive šŸ˜† šŸ¤£

• Funny
Reactions: GargantulaKon
Anyone who is unaware that the FSD beta is not even close to perfect must've been living under a rock for past 2 years. Please, don't F this up for the rest of us non-100/100 - sniping about how 'not perfect' it is serves only to get the beta expansion shutdown. Or, is that the selfish reason for complaining? Just sayin' - not escalatin'!
I think you are underestimating just how many people may have pushed the button without being on forums and watching beta videos online. There is nothing we could say that would get it shutdown. Chuck has come out and said (with a lot of followers) that it is far from perfect and need to be very careful with it.

I believe the only way this thing is shutdown is if some testers start having accidents.

I'm wondering if the Safety Score will continue to be monitored for us non-100's. I ended up a lowly 96 šŸ˜‚ with about 400 miles, but will be taking a few extended drives over the next week or two. Assuming my score continues to rise, will the next rollout be based on the score at the cutoff over the weekend, or the current score at the time of the rollout? We probably don't know what they are thinking, but I'll continue to pay a bit of attention to the score over the next few weeks.