Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As was mentioned, this is the correct behavior - assuming it flips the blinker the other way on the exit of the roundabout it is taking. This is official driver handbook behavior in the UK. We're not in the UK of course. I don't know that there is anything explicit on the books about how to do it in any US states. It's not required in some states but it is recommended as a courtesy to other drivers.

New Hampshire law says to signal on exit.

Doesn't mention anything about signaling to enter. Obviously this could be different for other states, so Tesla is going to have to learn state-specific laws for true FSD.

My original point was that some behavior cannot be highlighted through interventions or disengagements, so use the snapshot button and/or email the situation.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yes it is. I used FSD Beta for 99% of my 10 mile commute this morning. My daily safety score is 85 (5.6 hard breaking) and my overall safety score is now 99.
Interesting, now that is a bit strange. Maybe I was just hyper-sensitive to it, but there seemed to be a lot of jerking, and there was definitely some jamming on the brakes last night by FSD Beta in a left turn lane. Looking at the video it looked like it satisfied the wheel speed reduction criteria for hard braking (and it was flat). 100 score, perfect across the board on the individual categories. But maybe it was close and I got lucky.

Sounds like I'd be really disturbed by actual hard braking caused by FSD Beta based on your score!

In any case it sounds like something is being counted so that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

law says to signal on exit.

Sorry, yeah, what I meant by not explicit and as a courtesy to others was the signaling before exit, signaling to the left to signal you are going around. Pretty sure a lot of states require you to signal for your exit.

It's probably not illegal in any state to signal to the left to tell other drivers you are going around. Though I have not checked. If so, that could be good "correct" default behavior.

Reactions: GeoffEV
As was mentioned, this is the correct behavior - assuming it flips the blinker the other way on the exit of the roundabout it is taking. This is official driver handbook behavior in the UK. We're not in the UK of course. I don't know that there is anything explicit on the books about how to do it in any US states. It's not required in some states but it is recommended as a courtesy to other drivers.

Have you seen any dings yet when running FSD Beta, but driving manually? I figured I should have some - though they may have been masked, it did seem a little rough (to say the least) when transitioning out of FSD on disengagements - and I wasn't sure if these should have been counted. But clean 100 with the few miles I traveled last night. However, there was nothing I KNOW should have counted - so it could have just been me getting lucky.

Would be curious to know if the scores are updating and being tracked as normal when not using FSD Beta, but with FSD Beta enabled, if anyone has seen it (would require non-zero demerits to know for sure of course).
I haven't seen any dings, but fsd would get a 50 if it didn't mask it's infractions. Lol

Interesting, now that is a bit strange. Maybe I was just hyper-sensitive to it, but there seemed to be a lot of jerking, and there was definitely some jamming on the brakes last night by FSD Beta in a left turn lane. Looking at the video it looked like it satisfied the wheel speed reduction criteria for hard braking (and it was flat). 100 score, perfect across the board on the individual categories. But maybe it was close and I got lucky.

Sounds like I'd be really disturbed by actual hard braking caused by FSD Beta based on your score!

In any case it sounds like something is being counted so that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Sorry, yeah, what I meant by not explicit and as a courtesy to others was the signaling before exit, signaling to the left to signal you are going around. Pretty sure a lot of states require you to signal for your exit.

I had some jerky FSD behavior, and I had to intervene hard several times. zero dings on my score.

In other words, you have no good description of why it's game changing. It's just "useful."

Which was literally disproving your original claim about it.

what you originally said-

Like I've been saying all along- at this point, L2 FSD is all about entertainment. It's not useful.

You must have a lot of back problems given how often you move goalposts.

You must have a lot of back problems given how often you move goalposts.
Tell me, how is it a "game changer"? What can you do with the car that you couldn't before, that is not just for entertainment?
A little context goes a long way.

You're constantly ducking and swerving to avoid acknowledging that the "usefulness" of FSD beta is that it's "entertaining." You just want to stop with a dry definition of "useful" being that it "does something it didn't do before." Of course it does something new. But I fail to see how this new thing it does is "game changing," given that it requires more attention from the driver, not less, and it performs no backup functions for driver failures.

Sorry, I might not have been clear. I'm assuming my hit for hard breaking was during that 1% I wasn't on FSD. For sure there was jerkyness while engaged in FSD that would have affected my score much more if counted. I had to disengage FSD several times like when I got scared at a round about and probably inadvertently braked too hard. With such a small portion of the commute driven manually, it would only take 1 short hard brake event to bring my score down like that.

I'm so tired of gaming the score and making sure I stayed at 100 the past two weeks I'm not going to worry about it. I'll go back to driving "normal" and let the score go where it wants. :)

A little context goes a long way.

yes, that's why I quoted your ORIGINAL question showing you'd already had it answered-- your reply was to, of course, move the goalposts again.

Now it's not about "useful" which was the original thing you insisted it wasn't and now admit it is- now it's about game-changing.

You're constantly ducking and swerving to avoid acknowledging that the "usefulness" of FSD beta is that it's "entertaining."

This is just an outright lie.

You've had multiple people explain to you why it's useful beyond "entertainment"

Including myself.

You appeared to even admit it was useful yourself in the last post I quoted, and now are walking it back.

You just want to stop with a dry definition of "useful" being that it "does something it didn't do before."

So long as that something is something for which you would use it, that literally makes it useful

I agree someone is ducking and swerving here. But it ain't me :)

While in autopilot mode, my Safety Score is being lowered. Went from 98 to 93.
  1. There's ghost 'hard' braking at a stop sign on a side street that almost faces my direction and autopilot thinks it's a stop sign on my road.
  2. There's ghost forward collision warnings, at wall on a tight curve while traveling the speed limit gets mistaken for an object on the roadway.
I disable Autopilot at those places now, but, new 'ghost' braking and collision warnings will undoubtedly appear as I drive new locations.

Seems the driver, me, is not at fault here.

I know when I purchased FSD, that I am a beta tester, and happy to do so to contribute to autonomous driving.
But to be cheated out of a high Safety Score by the Autopilot messing up, doesn't seem fair.

Any others experiencing the same?