Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if last Friday's cut off for the 100 scores is what Tesla is going to use going forward instead of the latest scores we have now. Some people will have changing scores since last Friday and if people now get 100, do those people get it first before the 99 get it again? Do the people in the 99 group have to wait for two weeks? Instead of one?
Hopefully in the next few days Elon will answer somebody’s question on this subject.

So, you are assuming they will take another snapshot before the next rollout ?

My guess is - they will use the snapshot they already took. Thats why they have removed the scores from mobile app as well.

Some people keep saying that... but here, the app scores (and half the rest of the app menu) where down for a good chunk of the day yesterday afternoon. They returned later, so looks like a server side update or outage.

How can I trust this POS? How is this even possible??? Look at the fwd collision warning on a VERY short trip.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-221838.png
    Screenshot_20211012-221838.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 94
For those anxsting … I can’t get out of my little housing neighborhood on 10.2 without it trying to kill me driving onto the first slightly busy road, and in most situations it is phantom if breaking on me in the middle of turns, all sorts of random dangerous places … it always tries to put me in the left lane even when I have speed based lane changes on ‘Mild’ …and unlike Nav on AP on highway, it just goes and changes lanes without a signal even at times. Some phantom breaking that had gone away in the version before this that I had - 32.22? which took away some shakiness/lack of confidence of the vision only branch (most on that seemed to be vision only cars..21.3) on plain Nav and Nav on highway autopilot … lack of confidence and phantom breaking on non special functions are now BACK so there is some change I think beta 10.2 could use from the other branch. 10.2 is … pretty terrible in Durham NC, I feel like a sucker spending so much energy on my score to not even get out of my neighborhood without almost dying every time .. I like having the new visuals though.

How can I trust this POS? How is this even possible??? Look at the fwd collision warning on a VERY short trip.
How is it possible that people still don't understand how the FCW statistic is calculated? (It is the number of FCWs per 1000 miles.) If you drive 10 miles and get 1 FCW, that would give you a FCW score of 100.

For those anxsting … I can’t get out of my little housing neighborhood on 10.2 without it trying to kill me driving onto the first slightly busy road, and in most situations it is phantom if breaking on me in the middle of turns, all sorts of random dangerous places … it always tries to put me in the left lane even when I have speed based lane changes on ‘Mild’ …and unlike Nav on AP on highway, it just goes and changes lanes without a signal even at times. Some phantom breaking that had gone away in the version before this that I had - 32.22? which took away some shakiness/lack of confidence of the vision only branch (most on that seemed to be vision only cars..21.3) on plain Nav and Nav on highway autopilot … lack of confidence and phantom breaking on non special functions are now BACK so there is some change I think beta 10.2 could use from the other branch. 10.2 is … pretty terrible in Durham NC, I feel like a sucker spending so much energy on my score to not even get out of my neighborhood without almost dying every time .. I like having the new visuals though.
Are you reporting these issues to Tesla via the video recording function? I expect lots of issues too when I get it, but I would like to help out.

Maybe to add the new change to ignore any dings after taking over when autopilot makes a mistake.

I doubt that, the 3 second delay in AP disengage was on the web site writeup for a while before the outage yesterday (at least a week?) Also, I'm pretty sure that 3 second delay isn't ignoring some events for my driving, so not sure when/if the change is really effective.

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Are you reporting these issues to Tesla via the video recording function? I expect lots of issues too when I get it, but I would like to help out.
Yes! I disengage with break or steering every time, which should auto log/send, but for example with lack of turn signals or where it doesn’t know what to do on blinking orange I am hitting the special camera/snapshot button like a maniac. I know Chuck on Youtube has reported the lack of signaling also in some of his videos as well, and issues with some orange lights/blinking lights so at least those are documented … driving in middle of the road when there are no lane markings (I.e, local roads at 20mph I set it to) I saw in another thread someone has emailed them about also. It is quite impressive at low speeds right around my house how it goes around the plethora of parked cars in the road — and the detail on the visuals. At any rate,with exception of this photo at a red light I am literally glued to my steering wheel at all times .. which is a bit exhausting.

Attachments

• AFDB37CA-4302-4D22-BD6F-2FDA2EFD4856.jpeg
    AFDB37CA-4302-4D22-BD6F-2FDA2EFD4856.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
That would have prevented these 2 FCWs caused by AP.
The first at 00:30 taking the turn at 15mph can't handle it and when I take over the trash cans cause 1st FCW.
The second at 00:55 it decides to turn to the right and I take over as it flashes the second FCW in less than 2 miles.

red hands/take over does not count against you. The first one could have been FCW after you disengaged autopilot, but I doubt the second.

The main problem was trying to use autopilot on those roads.

Been at 100% since day one and counting..... counting the money spent on a car with a yoke that EM gave us hope we could test the beta with. No such luck.. but the good news is, I still can see my perfect scores in the app, so I suppose me and Jeb are actually beta testers after all. "Tesla Safety Score Beta Testers"
Maybe we can get a discount on that Tesla Car Insurance that will be out "soon"

Obviously the safety score system is total BS. Really, it's unsafe to brake hard enough to avoid hitting the mailman that just stepped out in front of me, or the car that just cut me off? It's unsafe to pull out into traffic aggressively, versus slowly turning onto the road, with traffic quickly approaching? If anything this stupid game has encouraged me to drive less safe. I'm pretty annoyed with the whole thing. Now give me my f-ing software I paid $8,000 for. WTF.