Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re in partial agreement here, but just as an exercise can you name a couple of Elon’s promised that have actually BEEN on time? I’ll even make it easier, maybe just one solid one?
Not related to functionality but related to Tesla:
E-ls_aQUUAM8-7H

Not related to functionality but related to Tesla:
E-ls_aQUUAM8-7H
Indeed, but that is just market manipulation through derivatives and institutional buyers. Can you give me something about engineering, software development, plant deployment, physics, chemistry, market penetration, etc.? Not trying to be TOO trite, but I’ve made a lot of money in the past years by being able to discount the true REALITY of promises the the market digests as gospel, and what I know the manufacturing reality to actually be.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Indeed, but that is just market manipulation through derivatives and institutional buyers. Can you give me something about engineering, software development, plant deployment, physics, chemistry, market penetration, etc.? Not trying to be TOO trite, but I’ve made a lot of money in the past years by being able to discount the true REALITY of promises the the market digests as gospel, and what I know the manufacturing reality to actually be.
Not many (if any), but I did find a pattern on his promises. Like, when he first thought of the FSD button, it sounded like a simple idea in is mind, but reality strikes and "a couple of weeks" go by. But I personally read his tweets with a specific date more seriously, like 2 Fridays from now (his favorite) is very specific and turned out to be true. Yes, it's fixing an already broken promise. But keep that in mind and you'll (hopefully) see that it's more accurate when he's more specific. He even apologized for the latest delay, which I personally haven't seen before lol

EDIT: 2 Fridays from now posted on a Thursday to Friday early hours was cheating though hahahaha

Reactions: THXULTRA
One point that I would like to make though is that I bought FSD before it was available as a subscription and I would stand by it even if I bought after. 10K in 50 months = $200/month. It pays itself off in 4 years (and a change).
You know who said this also?
People that bought FSD in 2016.
You know how much money they would have if they put that in Tesla stock (or just the market in general) while they wait for FSD to actually exist as advertised? $10K put into TSLA on the day FSD was announced would be over $200K today. If you're pro Tesla, you should be investing in their stock, not their products.

What we do know is how many features they have for that purchase right now... One (unless they won the "safety score" lottery that can be revoked at any time)

Last edited:
Are you sure you are not distorting my words? I've already hinted to you that we're talking about the Early Access Program to the Beta release. I would appreciate it if you could stop distorting my words to fit your perceived reality.

BONUS: My viewpoint is NEGATIVE, saying that is a way to cope with the constant delays and broken timelines Elon states.
Interesting how quoting you directly is "distorting your words."
Please, tell me know this post below is NEGATIVE:

On the topic of having rights to the beta: you'll find peace of mind when you understand that Tesla owes you nothing. Early access is not a right, it's a conditional access granted/revoked by them. In my perspective, there's only so much feedback they can take, as well as only as much responsibility they can take with any major change rollout. Everyone here knows the media loves to bash on Tesla, don't you think Tesla knows, too? They're playing it safe, as much as I'd love to be added to the beta - and trust me I'm trying with a close enough 99 score - I understand that I don't have any rights to it and the best I can do is to wait in line and improve my score.

It's full of apologies for Tesla's behavior. You seriously think someone would read that and go "oh yeah, Helvio is complaining about Tesla's behavior and roll out"? You don't list this as a "coping behavior" you literally say that Tesla owes you nothing, and then say that someone that complains is "entitled":

I just prefer to spend my energy elsewhere and not claim entitlement.

Not many (if any), but I did find a pattern on his promises. Like, when he first thought of the FSD button, it sounded like a simple idea in is mind, but reality strikes and "a couple of weeks" go by. But I personally read his tweets with a specific date more seriously, like 2 Fridays from now (his favorite) is very specific and turned out to be true. Yes, it's fixing an already broken promise. But keep that in mind and you'll (hopefully) see that it's more accurate when he's more specific. He even apologized for the latest delay, which I personally haven't seen before lol

EDIT: 2 Fridays from now posted on a Thursday to Friday early hours was cheating though hahahaha
Take it from someone with an advanced degree in psychology.. two weeks is the best thing to use as a future marker for promises, because it is about 2-4 days PAST the point where most humans can recall or where it drops from their mildly conscious ability to recall.

We’re in partial agreement here, but just as an exercise can you name a couple of Elon’s promised that have actually BEEN on time? I’ll even make it easier, maybe just one solid one?
Irrelevant question. Can YOU name an instance of Elon being beat by someone else in the industry because he was late?

Here I’ll try and characterize the situation that seems crystal clear to me, but seems to confuse yourself and many others no end.

Elon aims to be 7-8 years ahead of competition, misses his goal and ends up only being 4-5 years ahead.

in your view, I guess that makes the other companies “superior”, because they aimed to be 4-5 years behind Tesla and hit their targets exactly. WooHoo. What great estimators they are. Estimation of timelines is so much more important than results!

To a savvy investor, it’s the strength vs competition that counts.

Can you name ANY other 2017 vehicles on the road MORE capable of supervised autonomy than Teslas?

You know who said this also?
People that bought FSD in 2016.
You know how much money they would have if they put that in Tesla stock (or just the market in general) while they wait for FSD to actually exist as advertised? $10K put into TSLA on the day FSD was announced would be over $200K today. If you're pro Tesla, you should be investing in their stock, not their products.

What we do know is how many features they have for that purchase right now... One (unless they won the "safety score" lottery that can be revoked at any time)
You failed to mention the things they wouldn't have if they never paid for FSD. And you should ask them the value of those features, because it might be worth more for them than it is for you.

Reactions: kbM3
Take it from someone with an advanced degree in psychology
I'd love to hear your take on the "Safety score" too.

It:
1) Rolls most people into a 90+ "Score"
2) Distracts from the FSD release delays
3) Gives people a game to play by ruining the sample set by allowing people to know they are in the test and how it's calculated
4) Eventually leads to a small group of "haves" with mostly "have nots."

You failed to mention the things they wouldn't have if they never paid for FSD. And you should ask them the value of those features, because it might be worth more for them than it is for you.
You're suggesting that someone would purposefully pay $3000 for stop light control that they didn't even get until 2019? The only thing a 2016 FSD purchaser has for their $3,000+ "investment" and $60,000 lost investment opportunity?

Reactions: helvio
Interesting how quoting you directly is "distorting your words."
Please, tell me know this post below is NEGATIVE:

It's full of apologies for Tesla's behavior. You seriously think someone would read that and go "oh yeah, Helvio is complaining about Tesla's behavior and roll out"? You don't list this as a "coping behavior" you literally say that Tesla owes you nothing, and then say that someone that complains is "entitled":
I won't play that game. On the post I replied with that you intentionally made my statement about "all of tesla" while it only belongs to the FSD Beta. Heck, you even brought wipers and seat warmers in!

I don't list it as a coping behavior? It's literally my first sentence! I'm annoyed, too, and I cope that way. I just don't know what else to tell you. But this time at least I greeted you right with Hi Troll and I'll bid you my farewell right as well:

Kids, don't feed the trolls.
Bye, troll!

I thought both the Model 3 and Y started production ahead of their original schedules?

I know for one thing I would have been more invested in TSLA in 2020 than I was, if Elon hadn't made so many bogus "promises" in the past. I still think he is great, and I am very thankful for everything he has done, but in my opinion this whole safety score, and how lame and unrealistic it is, is about the most annoying thing he's done so far (Except for of course the pedo tweets). Really, all those youtubers deserve to experience FSD beta, but not us mere mortals that need to decelerate our cars rapidly to avoid hitting things? I don't care if it sucks, I just want to experience it's development first hand. That's why I paid for it.

Last edited:
I won't play that game. On the post I replied with that you intentionally made my statement about "all of tesla" while it only belongs to the FSD Beta. Heck, you even brought wipers and seat warmers in!

BFEDA6DF-004A-4C25-BBF8-0966A1007268.jpeg
I don't list it as a coping behavior? It's literally my first sentence! I'm annoyed, too, and I cope that way. I just don't know what else to tell you. But this time at least I greeted you right with Hi Troll and I'll bid you my farewell right as well:

Kids, don't feed the trolls.
Bye, troll!

• Funny
Reactions: helvio
So, this kind of makes you a sadist and terrible person. My sympathies to those around you on a regular basis.
It’s ok to laugh when people do silly things. Now, as a dude that drive like grandma and went for a drive just to boost my score so I could get beta software I have the self awareness to know how silly that is. But the beta is pretty fun, I think @gearchruncher is just salty he didn’t get invited to the party.

So many times, he says release x.x is coming this Friday and it does come. He has also said they will grow by 50% - and they have done that every year. Infact he has predicted some stuff years ago - that has actually happened. Whats your point ?

ps :

This was the prediction in 2016. Guess how many Tesla sold in 2020 : 499,550.

MW-EH082_tesla__20160303134353_ZH.jpg

Last edited:
You're suggesting that someone would purposefully pay $3000 for stop light control that they didn't even get until 2019? The only thing a 2016 FSD purchaser has for their $3,000+ "investment" and $60,000 lost investment opportunity?
Hey I have an idea. Why don’t you go on BMW’s forum and talk with everyone there about how great it is that they don’t ever miss deadlines? You’ll be much happier. You’ll find others like yourself, who only care about how well a company is able to project goals and timelines. You’ll be amongst friends.

You won’t have to worry about who’s actually delivering the results. You won’t be disappointed, spending hours every day complaining about Tesla not being the best estimator in the business.

seems like a win-win.