Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not anytime soon, anyways. There are many 💯 per centers here that are still waiting, and will be waiting for at least two week or more for the next release….
Jeb, I had the fortune of coming to a light today with a 2000 MS, the guy asked me to punch it. I did. We came to the next light and he rolled down the window and said "why did you just leave me in the dust, wait a minute, is that the Plaid?" I said "Yes it is, sans FSD Beta", He laughed and said his safety score was 62 and had no chance on getting the Beta. I told him I had 100% on Safety Score and had the same chance of getting FSD Beta that he did. He scratched his head and said why, I pointed at the yoke, and he started laughing!

Hey I have an idea. Why don’t you go on BMW’s forum and talk with everyone there about how great it is that they don’t ever miss deadlines? You’ll be much happier. You’ll find others like yourself, who only care about how well a company is able to project goals and timelines. You’ll be amongst friends.

You won’t have to worry about who’s actually delivering the results. You won’t be disappointed, spending hours every day complaining about Tesla not being the best estimator in the business.

seems like a win-win.
Don't you love it when people base their current arguments on 20/20 hindsight like they're oracles? 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: kbM3 and EVNow
How is it possible that people still don't understand how the FCW statistic is calculated? (It is the number of FCWs per 1000 miles.) If you drive 10 miles and get 1 FCW, that would give you a FCW score of 100.
Maybe I skipped some math classes. How do I get 101.9 average for the day having driven 7 miles that day? How many FCW did I have?

Jeb, I had the fortune of coming to a light today with a 2000 MS, the guy asked me to punch it. I did. We came to the next light and he rolled down the window and said "why did you just leave me in the dust, wait a minute, is that the Plaid?" I said "Yes it is, sans FSD Beta", He laughed and said his safety score was 62 and had no chance on getting the Beta. I told him I had 100% on Safety Score and had the same chance of getting FSD Beta that he did. He scratched his head and said why, I pointed at the yoke, and he started laughing!
Actually, I think “the other guy” may have a better chance of getting it than you! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Got me confused too but it’s an average for 1000 miles. So 7 is the denominator. I don’t like the metric but that makes sense at least.
The math is still wrong, but I found out why:

Forward Collision Warnings per 1,000 Miles
Forward Collision Warnings are audible and visual alerts provided to you, the driver, in events where a possible collision due to an object in front of the vehicle is considered likely without your intervention. Events are captured based on the 'medium' Forward Collision Warning sensitivity setting regardless of your user's setting in the vehicle. Forward Collision Warnings are incorporated into the Safety Score formula at a rate per 1,000 miles. The value is capped at 101.9 per 1,000 miles in the Safety Score formula.

Also found this:
Driving on Autopilot (including 3 seconds after Autopilot is disengaged) will not be factored into the Safety Score formula, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.

So just leave on AP at all times...

Reactions: helvio
Also found this:
Driving on Autopilot (including 3 seconds after Autopilot is disengaged) will not be factored into the Safety Score formula, but the miles driven while on Autopilot are included in the total.

So just leave on AP at all times...
I do that. My personal tips for a 100 score is to engage AP at all times and drive like you have food in a snowstorm whenever you can’t 🤣

What year and model is your Tesla? Seems they aren't rolling it out to MCU1 cars and New Model S's
I had a 99 and thought I had a couple extra days to work on it since Elon announced the delay. Got back up to 100 Sat in PLENTY of time, or so I thought.

Here is Elon's Monday Tweet: Beta 10.2 now rolling out to cars with 100/100 safety score over 100 miles

I had a 100 and it didn't roll to me.

I can't. I got no FCW warnings.
Have you tried a setting of early for FCW?

Do you have a Radarless car?

It's strange as I haven't gotten a single FCW on my safety score or an alert when driving since the safety score update was released. I would typically one per week for really stupid things like a car turning left in front of me, but where there was plenty of room. With the safety score I have been conscious of making sure to anticipate it, and go into regen as soon as I notice anything that might trigger a FCW.

Yes! I disengage with break or steering every time, which should auto log/send, but for example with lack of turn signals or where it doesn’t know what to do on blinking orange I am hitting the special camera/snapshot button like a maniac. I know Chuck on Youtube has reported the lack of signaling also in some of his videos as well, and issues with some orange lights/blinking lights so at least those are documented … driving in middle of the road when there are no lane markings (I.e, local roads at 20mph I set it to) I saw in another thread someone has emailed them about also. It is quite impressive at low speeds right around my house how it goes around the plethora of parked cars in the road — and the detail on the visuals. At any rate,with exception of this photo at a red light I am literally glued to my steering wheel at all times .. which is a bit exhausting.

But, we mortals can't talk to Tesla.

At least you have an email address you can send your rants and raves too. :)

In general, there are better threads than this one for discussions about what and when Tesla has delivered. Consider quoting posts here in a more appropriate thread. There are still people who display a Safety Score and would like to improve it and it is best to focus on that here. And related topics (like whether you got FSD beta with your Safety Score).

I have a couple of days where I had a FCW and Unsafe Following. Since both of those are per 1000 miles, does it mean they’ll lower as I drive more (and my score on those days will improve)? Or is it just 1000 miles per day?
Unsafe following is not per 1000 miles.
Your safety score for the day will stay the same but you overall FCW score will improve as you drive more and don't get anymore FCW's.

Yes. Worth noting again that while the metrics on the main Safety Score page are calculated this way (or using a time-based calculation for the percentage metrics), they are not used in your Safety Score calculation. You can safely ignore all numbers on the main page except the score; they are of no consequence.

The metrics on the FCW on the main page will go down with more miles (assuming you do not get more), but your score will be determined by your score on that day, and the miles associated with it, and all the other daily scores and miles.

The overall score is the rounded value of the mileage-weighted average of the daily scores (which are themselves first rounded).

You're suggesting that someone would purposefully pay $3000 for stop light control that they didn't even get until 2019? The only thing a 2016 FSD purchaser has for their $3,000+ "investment" and $60,000 lost investment opportunity?
Stop light control is dog *sugar*, tired of it slamming on the brakes every time I’m coming up to a green light and don’t acknowledge it with a gas pedal within a second. Also flashing yellow lights are a nightmare, how has that not been addressed lol.

Back to the score game, if you get hard braking dings, the easiest way to fix it is to speed up to like 90-100mph and lightly hold the brake pedal and ride it out as long as you can. On refresh, regen braking doesn’t work towards fixing the hard braking, you need to have brake pedal activation

• Funny
Reactions: xasroma and jebinc
Stop light control is dog *sugar*, tired of it slamming on the brakes every time I’m coming up to a green light and don’t acknowledge it with a gas pedal within a second. Also flashing yellow lights are a nightmare, how has that not been addressed lol.
As one of the stubborn (with score) and lucky (with no significant drama in roll-out and download) ones, I have some early thoughts.

They really should roll out the new visualization to all FSD owners. I have no idea why they feel the need to hold that back from those not in the "limited" group. In a recent conference call (the quarterly?), someone asked specifically when the dancing/spinning/twitching cars would be fixed. I found Elon's answer somewhat flippant at the time ("It is fixed") and screamed at my T.V. ("No, it's not, for anybody not in the limited audience (which is 'rounded up' 100% of the cars)!").

I also find the braking for green lights annoying and, frankly, unsafe w/r/t drivers behind me. It's very frustrating they haven't rolled out an improvement for those not in the limited group on this.

My gut is that Elon (and perhaps the entire AP/FSD/etc. team) is focused on the FSD beta and, apparently, consider it acceptable to not deliver significant improvements until a big step jump in the software is ready. Whether this is because they are "betting big" / "gambling" / "optimistic" or because they don't have a good way to peel off some improvements from the limited code branch is unclear to me so far. As time progresses, it seems likely that the limited code branch is like one gigantic pull request that has gone on too long and they don't want to invest engineering resources into splitting it into separate pieces to deliver in smaller chunks.