Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Yes, they were on separate days. I got a 60% unsafe following on Sept 28 and another 60% unsafe following on Oct 5. All my other trips were 0 unsafe following.
I will add that the only day I got 60%+ was my first commute day. It was completely because I pressed the accelerator while following traffic and trying to catch up do to A/P being so slow to do so. After that disastrous day of following distance scoring I haven't had another day above a single % since. Using AutoPilot does control/contain/help your score BUT you can hurt it while even using AutoPilot

Reactions: jebinc
Doesn't take much FSD driving to destroy your Safety Score.o_O Also I think this is my new FDS Beta driving attire.:eek:

In city FSD driving is scary. Don't know how some of the Beta testers did it. Need to head to the burbs for some better and more even traffic roads to test and learn.

IMG_9341.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 10.46.25 AM.png

I get a forward collision warning every day just for parking my car. I have a one stall garage and I get a warning because I am to close to the front... I also get a warning for parking at my office if I get within 2 feet from my fence. My commute is less than 15 min and I drive like an old lady. My score is 93 because I park my car. That's a messed up system.
I've been getting multiple of those every day and it hasn't dinged my SS once.

He tweeted with 99/100 scores.

So got to drive 500 miles perfectly to get to a 99 now. Should have just gamed the system when I figured out the two button reset caused no score for the drive. Easily could have manipulated it to 100. Now stuck trying to game it up to a 99 after tons of stuff out of my control including the dumb AP.
I’m in the same boat, day 2, FCW on a vehicle that was turning right and was already well off the road by the time I got to it. Did not know the trick yet, impossible to recover to 100 because of that one day. Need to drive like 1500 more miles with 100 score to get to 99.5 lol, not happening.

I’m in the same boat, day 2, FCW on a vehicle that was turning right and was already well off the road by the time I got to it. Did not know the trick yet, impossible to recover to 100 because of that one day. Need to drive like 1500 more miles with 100 score to get to 99.5 lol, not happening.
What real difference does the Safety Score make now unless you are in Texas and getting Tesla Insurance?

My guess is at some point Tesla will stop letting people have access with safety scores at 95 or near there. If it’s a rolling 30 day average people should be able to improve their score to the set number. As the Beta improves they can move the number lower. This is just my opinion but seeing how people are improving their scores I can see this happening.

The problem is, if the ticker is still accruing, it becomes harder and harder to maintain, let alone INCREASE one’s score. With each addtional day where the mileage may be relative to other days LOW, it takes a day or days with quite a bit HIGHER mileage - and of course 100% scores only, to even just maintain a score. I’m hoping that they locked things in last Friday (or earlier) and will do the roll-outs along those lines, but at this point nobody really knows for sure unless we could find some 98-99 ppl from last week, who got UP to 100 in the past week and just got it today. -that would be an interesting data point to add to the mix.

I need some help to get a 100 safety score for today, which is currently at 99 from my three morning trips. According to my math, If I drive extra 11 miles with 100 score, my score can get back to 100 (99.52 to be exact). Does it work this way?
1 st drive: 98 out of 6 miles
2nd drive: 100 out of 4 miles
3rd drive: 100 out of 4 miles
4th drive: later of today.

New Safety Score individual stats on TeslaFi (for subscribers).
For those who no longer have the safety score on the Tesla app be aware that Tesla is still tracking and calculating your score.

TeslaFi just added individual stats for those who want to see what's happening to their score. On your main TeslaFi landing page hover over your score at the top/middle and click on the score graphic shown here. It will take you to your own stats page dedicated to your score.

1634040543809-png.720532

1634316653787.png

Reactions: acastal
Yep, stated another way, it looks like the FSD beta fleet size has increased by about 40% today over the Monday rollout.
I got mine this morning having just gotten back to 100 (which was really 99.55) on Tuesday. I was told by Tesla that my safety score now doesn't matter since I have the Beta. Has anyone heard otherwise, or am I now free to actually accelerate AND use my brakes?

No it does not work that way on the daily level. The daily score is based on your category scores.
Thank you very much. I will focus on improving my daily score by giving my car more slow brakes today. I was dinged on my first morning drive by braking for a traffic light. I was driving 35mph, and the traffic light changes to yellow in about 2-3 cars length. I have lots of respect for those in the 100 score.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Been searching around for this, but don't have time to read 150 pages of philosophical questions of fairness, fsd promises, kibitzing about score highs and lows, etc ;)

I understand the factors as Tesla describes them. What I want to know is how these are applied over time (link a clear post?)

* Is the current score the straight average of all daily scores, or weighted towards miles driven? (100x50mi + 90x10mi, etc)

* Do the aggragate percentages go beyond a single day? (eg, FCW/1000, soft braking vs hard braking ... do they reset every day for the aggragate scores?)

Put clearly, can I do 200 miles one day with 100 to up my overall score, or is only good for that day? Even if there's a weight average, does high mileage days with good braking miles help that particular aggregate percentage?

Last edited: