Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came back from my first FSD drive, it worked almost flawlessly in the PA burbs! One random stop after a turn and way before a stop sign, but this was inside an HOA residential street. That was ALL. It steered clear from other cars with hazards on, and took me home safely! A bit aggressive, but you gotta play with the speed dial. Call me McDonald, I’m lovin’ it!!!
Mine was good in the same general area. It had trouble making an unprotected left into Costco (no traffic, just didn't find the entrance properly). There was another unprotected left where my nervous foot was hovering while waiting for traffic to clear and I unintentionally disengaged. I then reengaged and it made the turn fine.

Lol. I did almost the same thing, I just opened the door a second time before sitting to mimic I’m getting into the car. Now I’m laughing so hard think about this series of strange actions.
Once my score hit 100 I was resetting the mcu at the end of each drive when there was even a remote chance I could have gotten dinged. Only about half my miles yesterday were recorded lol.

Last night I was running tight circles around a tree in an empty parking lot in a mall for about one hour. I fixed my daily score from <90 to 99. There were still a few people visiting the CVS in the mall. Luckily no one called police. After today’s drive I’m 44 miles away to get 100.
Safety score: aggressive turning 100%

we
I stopped trying. It's too unsafe to drive like that in Socal. It's kind of funny because I can see other tesla drivers trying to drive the "score" and they are literally holding up traffic everywhere, keeping 3 lanes between themselves and others. I basically stopped driving the wife's Y as to not ding her score up. And one day I asked her how her score was, and she went on a rant. Basically she said screw it too and I the kicker is getting dinged for proximity pulling into our garage, smh. Yay, now I can drive the MYP again lol.
The proximity alerts do not ding or count against your drive score at all. We have a 4 car garage, each with its own door, so narrower than a two car garage door. We get the proximity alerts every time we pull in our garages and they have never had any affect on the safety score. IF by chance you are getting a FCW I would be concerned at how fast you must be pulling in to your garage 😂

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
I found out hard braking is the most difficult one to fix. I got 0.9% hard braking after a 100 miles trip, then I tired drive around neighborhood speed up and soft braking for an hour only lowered to 0.3%. :(
Congrats on the improvement you did get.
Many folks have gotten some assistance on Hard Braking and Aggressive Turning by using G Sensor (on Android for me, not sure about iPhone).
I installed and tried numerous g-force sensors and found most had more data than I needed and were hard to read while driving. G Sensor seemed to be the best solution for me and the screenshot below is the whole UI, no menu or other screens, that's it. To use it you start by mounting the phone in your vehicle while stationary and press calibration. You need to press calibration very lightly for it to center the ball. I do this on a level surface but I don't know if that's necessary. You can use this app as a gauge of your braking and cornering.
Here is a link on Google Play: G Sensor - Apps on Google Play

Screen shot:
1634655627194.png

Last edited:
Reactions: GargantulaKon
Many folks have gotten some assistance on hard braking by using G Sensor (on Android for me, not sure about iPhone).
I installed and tried numerous g-force sensors and found most had more data than I needed and were hard to read while driving. G Sensor seemed to be the best solution for me and the screenshot below is the whole UI, no menu or othe screens, that's it.. To use it you start by mounting the phone in your vehicle and while stationary and press calibration. You need to press calibration very lightly for it to center the ball. I do this on a level surface but I don't know if that's necessary. You can use this app as a gauge of your braking and cornering.

Screen shot:
View attachment 723255
What's the best iphone equivalent, w/o spyware?

• Helpful
Reactions: n.one.one
Many folks have gotten some assistance on Hard Braking and Aggressive Turning by using G Sensor (on Android for me, not sure about iPhone).
I installed and tried numerous g-force sensors and found most had more data than I needed and were hard to read while driving. G Sensor seemed to be the best solution for me and the screenshot below is the whole UI, no menu or other screens, that's it. To use it you start by mounting the phone in your vehicle and while stationary and press calibration. You need to press calibration very lightly for it to center the ball. I do this on a level surface but I don't know if that's necessary. You can use this app as a gauge of your braking and cornering.

Screen shot:
View attachment 723255
On this topic I know the performance models have a g-force sensor in the track mode. Has anyone tried using this. I know you aren't supposed to run track mode on normal streets...

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I'm going to stop trying as well. I drove 102 miles this morning, in an effort to improve my score from 98-99 by Friday.
Driving on the interstate, using AP, but into bright sun. AP would not change lanes periodically (I assume due to the sun) and totally freaked out while passing a tractor trailer. So I get dinged for hard braking. Dammit! Drove 102 miles trying to improve my score - the app shows a 99 for the day but it's actually a 98.5 on the spreadsheet. Net result - I need to drive an additional 265 miles by Friday to reach 99. Not sure I can manage that while working.... Maybe in 2 more weeks, those of us with a 98 will be lucky enough to get the beta.

Last night I was running tight circles around a tree in an empty parking lot in a mall for about one hour. I fixed my daily score from <90 to 99. There were still a few people visiting the CVS in the mall. Luckily no one called police. After today’s drive I’m 44 miles away to get 100.
I did that for some time one day to get my turning score down, the g force app was a great tool to keep turning just right... but oh man was I getting dizzy

Once my score hit 100 I was resetting the mcu at the end of each drive when there was even a remote chance I could have gotten dinged. Only about half my miles yesterday were recorded lol.
Be careful resetting it too much. It is very easy for them to check the difference between daily miles and miles logged for safety score. Once or twice may still be explained but doing it all the time will definitely raise sus.