Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We really are in The Twilight Zone with all of this, don’t you think?

We EV geeks are quite the bunch. Can you imagine ICE drivers doing this? I really believe that this could be used in some sociology class. Perhaps one day, psychology students will be studying the actions of this group of early adopters for our motivations, and how we responded to various stimuli.

It’s an interesting way to test your marriage.

“Lord of the Flies”, perhaps?

I’m imagining (just for fun) that there is a team of researchers at the “Tesla Team” boiler room who monitors and analyzes — using AI, of course — all of our posts here, on You Tube, and other social media platforms. They then correlate that analysis with the driving data that each of us are freely providing in real time. All of this is fed to Elon as part of a sinister “Manipulate the Masses” game that he and the other mega billionaires play as part of their competitive/cooperative playtime lives.

Just sayin’…

We really are in The Twilight Zone with all of this, don’t you think?

We EV geeks are quite the bunch. Can you imagine ICE drivers doing this? I really believe that this could be used in some sociology class. Perhaps one day, psychology students will be studying the actions of this group of early adopters for our motivations, and how we responded to various stimuli.

It’s an interesting way to test your marriage.

“Lord of the Flies”, perhaps?

I’m imagining (just for fun) that there is a team of researchers at the “Tesla Team” boiler room who monitors and analyzes — using AI, of course — all of our posts here, on You Tube, and other social media platforms. They then correlate that analysis with the driving data that each of us are freely providing in real time. All of this is fed to Elon as part of a sinister “Manipulate the Masses” game that he and the other mega billionaires play as part of their competitive/cooperative playtime lives.

Just sayin’…
I said this when the Safety Score first was implemented and how people were driving (pun!) themselves crazy for perfect scores to score a very rough beta. Great study for B-school and psychology courses that focus on mass behavior. (I won't call it mass hysteria, but ...) ;)

it is sad we are jumping through hoops to try a test version of something we already paid for. personally i think if you paid up front when you bought your car, you should get priority or a reduced score requirement. no love at all...
You think you are jumping through hoops NOW. Just want until you get and drive FSD Beta and you will see that earning the Safety Score is an easy walk in the park in comparison. Driving city Beta is a full on white knuckle affair that demands constant attention and always being prepared for lightning takeover reflexes.

@JulienW - it sounds like my wife is in for a real treat, once I get the beta! :)
She freaks out now when AP brakes randomly due to an overpass on the highway.
The presestant phantom braking at every shadow, reflection and ????? combined with constant wheel jerking back and forth is probably not going to treat her well. But fun stuff is playing chicken with oncoming cars on narrow roads and trying to take "short cuts" over curbs.o_O:D

• Funny
Reactions: Eugene Ash
The presestant phantom braking at every shadow, reflection and ????? combined with constant wheel jerking back and forth is probably not going to treat her well. But fun stuff is playing chicken with oncoming cars on narrow roads and trying to take "short cuts" over curbs.o_O:D
How about those fun turns into construction barriers? Seen a few brushing up to bushes also... Know at first I'm planning on trying it when there isn't much traffic on the road.

How about those fun turns into construction barriers? Seen a few brushing up to bushes also... Know at first I'm planning on trying it when there isn't much traffic on the road.
Yes it is fun, challenging and often very good but it has no passion for your paint or wheels.

Also this is probably the MOST factual statement Tesla has ever made.

"It may do the wrong thing at the worst time."

Reactions: THXULTRA and dillon
Are you all considering yourselves more EV people or technology people? I enjoy the EV experience, but my interest in FSD is purely tech early adopter geek.
Tech side - it would be interesting if another manufacturer released this first, but there are a ton of reasons why it wouldn't happen until it was rock solid bug free- no OTA software updates being the big one. Tesla's done a good job of updating the car and releasing them to end users, relatively speaking.

Reactions: T-Racer and dillon
Are you all considering yourselves more EV people or technology people? I enjoy the EV experience, but my interest in FSD is purely tech early adopter geek.
Been an AppleSeed Beta tester for over a decade. LOVE the latest and (not usually) greatest releases and love "playing" with them. Still full in on EVs now and consider them higher tech and geek than just about any ICE.

• Love
Reactions: T-Racer and dillon
Fingers crossed, I have 100% and 130 miles as of Thursday afternoon after opting-out-n-in 2 days ago. Others have reported not needing the 7 days of driving history, so we'll see.

For those of you struggling to get to 99 or 100, seriously consider the opt out. I was at 97 with plenty of miles trying to get it to 99 to get with the next wave. Then I had some bad runs due to traffic and traffic lights and my numbers started dropping. At one point I needed 900 miles to get to a 99 and I bailed out of frustration. I was shocked I could start over.

You have a choice - take action or you wait and let the program descend to your score - but ANYTHING can happen with Elon. Maybe next week, maybe when 10.3 is ready...who knows, he could say, "We have enough, maybe when we get to 11."

If you need more than 100 miles to round up to a score of 100, I'd say opt-out and try again. If you have a good run going, pull over and lock it in and repeat. That way if you if someone turns in front of you and you get a FCW on your way home, it's not all for nothing.

Good luck everyone!

Anything? 👀

Well… I can’t believe it but I popped into the 100% club, after driving to Buffalo from New York City and put on over the last several days about 600 miles. The bet with my wife has been won!

By the way the Tesla stats app was terrific… They told me exactly what I had to do to get to 100 and it was spot on. Plus a lot of other cool features that I was looking at prior to buying, what the new safety tab definitely was a seller.

So now what? It’s been about 2 1/2 hours. No emails… And I’m terrified to drive the car! Of course, can always cancel the drive wherever I’m going… But it would be nice to get notification that I’m in. I really can’t wait for this safety score stuff to be off my phone

I’m glad I made it to 100%. I’m just worried that even though Elon promised Friday for 99 percenters , will the version 1.3 be ready or delayed? And also it’s very difficult to get to 100%, but much easier to get to 99%. That being said, are they going to be thousands of 99% people and because of the volume they get shut out?

Who know?
What Tesla stats app? I searched for it and I found one in the Apple store called Stats app for Tesla, is that it?