Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ONLY real and best way to play the game. Looks like you have the Beta now. Is that correct? If so have you been in the city to experience o_Oo_Oo_O? That metro Beta driving is just too easy.:p
Yep...I've got it. My avatar tells the whole story.
  • Before getting it I thought I'd be Livin' the FSD dream.
  • Then I got it and it was white-knuckle, crap-your-pants stress.
  • Now it's just constant focus...can't let up for even a moment...certainly anything but relaxing.

1634855887309.png

Last edited:
On another note, it was mentione in the earnings call yesterday that 150,000 cars are using the safety score.
If the % of 100 is close to the teslafi stats than there are ~15,000 cars with 100 score
Hmm. My math says:

Teslafi has 13,559 hardware 3 cars listed. 351 have FSD 2021.32.25 Beta 10.2.
so that about 2.59%

Use 2.59% as a estimate of total population who had a safety score of 100

2.59% * 150,000 = ~3,880 cars.

Before 10.2 was released the Musk stats were that about 2,000 cars had the FSD beta. Adding them together is ~5,880 cars.

It could easily double or triple(maybe more) if all the 99 scores get FSD this weekend. Fun to check on Monday with Teslavi.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriansBucketList
Tesla service actually suggested I opt out when I got over 60 FCWs in a 10 minute, slow, relaxed drive. I drive 8 MPH down the street I live on in case kids run out. I followed their advice. Now, I have a difficult drive on Monday in heavy rain, mixed freeway and streets at rush hour. Planning on opting back in when I get back, when my driving environment is more friendly. I need an opinion or two: Wait until Tuesday, or opt back in sooner and just use reset for questionable trips.

Most of my scores for two weeks were 100s but I didn't know the early scores rolled off at 30 days, and wonder if we are really sure Tesla doesn't retain the data. I would love to test what I paid for, but it sounds like a be careful what you ask for situation. It's very liberating to drive normally, and forget safety scores (no tickets in 30 years) but I have to admit there are a couple of areas where I could improve my driving, and thank all of you for safety score "tips and tricks." Yesterday Tesla stated that they had about 150,000 driving score users, at least that's the way it sounded on the earnings call. They were a bit vague, and I though the number was low.

Anything? 👀
LOL. Not yet - I heard it happens late at night (the notification email). I'm hoping by morning...

For all of you amateur psychologists analyzing our irrational behavior for submitting ourselves to this lunacy, I'll offer my perspective. I paid $8,000, exactly one year ago, for a product that was going to be in full production by the end of last year and would be so bulletproof that robotaxis would everywhere. So stable a product that its price was about to increase dramatically. Buy it now before the price goes up!!!

Had I waited and seen the results of the beta, I would never have bought it. I don't think it's anywhere close to bulletproof or ready for mass release. So I am interested in the beta because I want to experience SOMETHING for the egregious sum I paid before I die. Simple as that. If it helps the program, great, I'll do my best to be a good tester. I remain skeptical about mass release and L5. Robotaxis? No way.

I'm almost expecting them to release 10.3 and stay at 100 for a while longer.

I'm also on fence if I should skip doing a drive tomorrow and stay at 99 or risk my 99 tomorrow and try to get enough miles to get bring my 99 back up to 100 "JUST IN CASE" 10.3 only goes out 100's.

Decisions, decisions.
I’ve been at a 99 for over 2,000miles. It would take me 1,250 miles of 100% drives to get my score to 100. I’ll take my chances and hope they roll 10.3 to us lowly 99 scores. This is getting tiresome at this point…I’m almost at 3,000miles of driving since 9/25/21. This is normal driving for me for work. I’ll admit, I’ve driven probably 300 extra miles than I would normally drive in this little “test” to achieve a better score, but even that was a moot point.

Reactions: Tpstulane
I'm almost expecting them to release 10.3 and stay at 100 for a while longer.

I'm also on fence if I should skip doing a drive tomorrow and stay at 99 or risk my 99 tomorrow and try to get enough miles to get bring my 99 back up to 100 "JUST IN CASE" 10.3 only goes out 100's.

Decisions, decisions.

I think there is high probability of them not releasing 10.3 on Friday.

The reason for this is Elon answered "Most Likely" when asking if FSD Beta 10.3 is still coming on Friday.

A "Most likely" from Elon translates into "Most unlikely"

Reactions: T-Racer
Tonight I starting working on an app for both Android and iPhones to show if we've been dinged for aggressive turning or hard braking. I'm still working on it and then I'll test it, but I don't want to purposely ding myself. 😁

There is a red indicator that stays visible for one second after it's been activated so that it can hopefully catch your eye while driving. That is why you see a red section for the braking ding indicator in the screenshot. It also keeps track how many times you've been dinged according to your phone. It's not tied to the Tesla data directly so it's still an estimate. I'm hoping one day that Tesla would add visual indicators in the future. I'm basing what is considered a ding based on the documentation from Tesla about the safety score.

Hopefully with this knowledge, we will know to start doing the techniques to bring up your score.

PXL_20211022_020932628.jpg

I am so salty from Tesla pouring salt in our wounds, I emailed the following to fsdbeta and earlyaccess:

Can someone please shed some light on this?
Why can someone get an FSD subscription for just a couple of days and receive FSD beta, while a long-term owner that paid full price fot FSD many years ago (and has been maintaining a 100 safety score for weeks), is still not allowed in the program?

I know it's useless but I am so mad about this

UPDATE: just got the email it’s being pushed to my car right now!
Let me understand this correctly: You reset your score (opt out, restart, opt in) and simply drove 100ish miles to get a 100 safety score. Then you got the email?

I currently have a ~98.25 and am doing a 150 mile drive tomorrow. Trying to figure out the best coarse of action.

Just really not happy with how Tesla has handled the Beta program.

Those of us with 99’s and over 3,000 miles since pressing the button get / got nothing and people gaming the system all over the place getting it literally in a day.

Just more @elonmusk antics 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hopefully tomorrow or by Saturday morning, we'll get into the FSD beta for us lowly 99 scorers.