Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My score is still updating. Just finished my third drive today.

That said as usually there is always a delay after the car locks on walk away before it reflects in the app.

What’s new (to me) is that the score updates first and then later the miles update. Weird that both don’t update at same time.

Quit. And the rejoin. Get to 100 miles under the crazy conditions now that you know the rules. Then just the two finger reset for every drive until you get the beta.

I feel your pain.
That would be too much hassle to remember to deal with. I'd rather just "let it go" and then come back when the program is more open.

Another thing that bothers me to add to the list...

What they really need to vet is the attentiveness of the driver to AP's mistakes and their judgment of when to intervene, but none of the rules (other than getting dinged for not keeping a hand on the wheel which doesn't prove much) are geared towards that metric. The fact that they don't include AP miles, which is where they should be monitoring the individual, really speaks volumes to them recruiting timid rather than safe and objective automation testers.

My score is still updating. Just finished my third drive today.

That said as usually there is always a delay after the car locks on walk away before it reflects in the app.

What’s new (to me) is that the score updates first and then later the miles update. Weird that both don’t update at same time.
I usually save trips in segments by pressing park, unbuckling seat belt, lifting my ass off the seat, opening and closing the door. Then sit back down and put back into drive

That would be too much hassle to remember to deal with. I'd rather just "let it go" and then come back when the program is more open.

What they really need to vet is the attentiveness of the driver to AP's mistakes and their judgment of when to intervene, but none of the rules (other than getting dinged for not keeping a hand on the wheel which doesn't prove much) are geared towards that metric. The fact that they don't include AP miles, which is where they should be monitoring the individual, really speaks volumes to them recruiting timid rather than safe and objective automation testers.
AP miles are logged. You just don’t get dinged for AP mistakes.

Being safe despite an imperfect beta amidst unpredictable human drivers is exactly what they’re testing for.

I agree with the let it go route. From everything I hear, having the beta is even more stressful than maintaining the score. It only gets harder in the beta. You actually lose a perfectly good working AP… you have to be hyper aware all the time and the camera is watching even which direction your eyes are looking.

Reactions: GWord
I agree with the let it go route. From everything I hear, having the beta is even more stressful than maintaining the score. It only gets harder in the beta. You actually lose a perfectly good working AP… you have to be hyper aware all the time and the camera is watching even which direction your eyes are looking.
Does FSD ding you for looking away from the road?

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 4.29.48 PM.png

Looks like 36.5.1 is going full throttle

The FSD beta does pop up warnings if you don’t pay enough attention, including looking away from the road too much.

There apparently are emails going out from Tesla as well warning that there is a few things that will get your beta revoked - not paying attention is key to that.

The FSD beta does pop up warnings if you don’t pay enough attention, including looking away from the road too much.

There apparently are emails going out from Tesla as well warning that there is a few things that will get your beta revoked - not paying attention is key to that.
So paying attention is interior camera related and not the nag strike outs?

Reactions: dillon
So paying attention is interior camera related and not the nag strike outs?

I’ve seen beta users cover the camera and loose FSD use for the drive or something like that.

Here’s one of the articles along with the letter Tesla has been sending out.

I’ve seen beta users cover the camera and loose FSD use for the drive or something like that.

Here’s one of the articles along with the letter Tesla has been sending out.

jeez

Can some kind soul answer this please. I have score of 100 since Thursday. Long story but I have no access to the Tesla email, but I have app. Wondering if there is any download/access link some sorts I have to act on in the email? or would that be pushed to the car without doing anything on the email? Promise this is the last question, would the copy of that email appear in the inbox of the tesla app on the Iphone?