Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have personal experience with a FSD beta Tesla stopping for, and protecting a blind pedestrian with a white cane?
I wonder if using a portable device similar to an Avalanche transceiver
could be a way to provide a safer detection by autonomus vehicles
of a visually impaired person than relying on a camera checking for a white cane?

I wonder if using a portable device similar to an Avalanche transceiver
could be a way to provide a safer detection by autonomus vehicles
of a visually impaired person than relying on a camera checking for a white cane?
That’s an outstanding idea. Bigger or faster aircraft use tech called: TCAS (Terrain/Collision Avoidance System) that very effective helps pilots maintain safe clearance from the ground, obstacles, and other aircraft. A small, inexpensive avalanche transceiver that warns the blind pedestrian as well as the autonomous vehicle, might be just the solution.

I wonder if The Lighthouse for the Blind, a leader in this sort of thing, has looked at it?

Most people who are reporting that they are receiving the update tell us their mileage and score but it would also be nice if you would mention what model you have.
Got it! Actual 98.59% (rounded up to 99%) 950 miles. Been in the program since day 1. No resets. Had 3 fake FCW’s in the first week. Managed to overcome those any without resetting or opting out then in. 2020 Model 3

Last edited:
Reactions: JeremyJ
99 here. Opted out and back in on the 21st and got the invite! Just updated the software. Thanks everybody for all the tips in this thread. Was stuck at 97 for so long.
Same here, opted in/out on the 21st ( was chronically 96 due to a few early bad days) , and was 99 Friday, 100 yesterday.... But no invite :(

Edit: 2018 M3LR

Last edited:
While trying to pass the time waiting, I put in another 145/100 miles going to see some relatives.

I’m at 251/100 post-opt out. I’ve heard that, and $5, will get me coffee anywhere, so I’ve got that going for me, haha!!

View attachment 724942View attachment 724943
Thank you jf64k! It was your tip that allowed us to hack the SS system. We are so excited to now have 10.3! For now. If we wind up against a telephone pole, we will not blame you one bit. Judging from early reports, we may be getting another update very soon…

Reactions: dillon
Got the email!!! Gave my car to a friend Saturday morning, woke up this morning checked my score and saw he had recked it to a 98 with a alot I mean alot of FCW, I had never got FCW since I opted in 9/25 and had been sitting on 99 for like 2 weeks now about 1300miles. I don't know how he did, i even told him to reset each drive he must have forgotten. Checked my emails and I see the email, so my score must have still been at 99 by the time they sent it out. I will be receiving my car back from him later this evening, hopefully the download is available else I'm gonna kill him, like it's only right.

2018 Model 3 LR

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-063618.png
    Screenshot_20211024-063618.png
    828.5 KB · Views: 57
I got the 2021.36.5.2 update too! I didn't get an email from Tesla yet. I'm concerned to try it out with the bug people are experiencing where it doesn't let you use AP again after using it once.

I had a 99 score with 766 miles a 2019 Tesla Model 3 (built in July 2019) stealth performance. The safety score went away in my Android app as soon as this update was installed. I'm on the "Advanced" setting off software updates if that makes any difference.

Last edited: