Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on 36.5.2 still, with 36.5.1 pending to install tomorrow. Used FSD all day, the last two drives I took no AP/FSD available. No gray steering wheel. The second drive I took today would have probably dropped my score from the 99.50 it was at to like a 40 with the FCW, hard braking, ect. It almost ran a stop sign, I had to brake hard manually, same for a yellow light.

Wow. Didn't know this was possible. Must be a beta feature. Hopefully production version don't allow automatic software. I'm not big on auto-updates. I like to decide when things I own change. But will make exceptions for beta of course.
Again, that shows me how serious this was. They didn’t want it to be an option. It had to be uninstalled.

Just to be clear, I DIDN’T have AP/FSD engaged when the AEB’s happened. They were completely out of nowhere. We had cars behind swerving and braking to avoid hitting us.

Again, that shows me how serious this was. Just to be clear, I DIDN’T have AP/FSD engaged when the AEB’s happened. They were completely out of nowhere. We had cars behind swerving and braking to avoid hitting us.
Wow. Glad you're ok man.

Since Teslas know when they're in a wreck, I'm thinking it could be possible that the beta automatically uninstalls from all cars the moment any of them is involved in a collision.

I know Elon said 'rolling back to 10.2 temporarily'. But given your experience and the number of people who report the drop of beta... I think the beta itself is completely closed temporarily. Can anyone confirm on TeslaFi? Did they drop 10.3 only? Or are all the 10.2s dropping too?

Reactions: GargantulaKon
That tells me how serious this was…they needed to get it rolled back right away.
Yes, very dangerous. I have been manually driving 2021.36.5.2 all day from Gettysburg PA to central MA. Started with many false FCW alerts so we disabled all autopilot functions including forward collision detection and emergency braking. Somehow emergency braking became reenbled nd we had a significant full on fantom emergency braking episode on the highway in heavy traffic going 70mp. I am amazed that we did not cause a massive pileup.

If you still have 2021.36.5.2, I STRONGLY suggest disabling automatic emergency braking.

Reactions: BCNY and Tpstulane
Yes, very dangerous. I have been manually driving 2021.36.5.2 all day from Gettysburg PA to central MA. Started with many false FCW alerts so we disabled all autopilot functions including forward collision detection and emergency braking. Somehow emergency braking became reenbled nd we had a significant full on fantom emergency braking episode on the highway in heavy traffic going 70mp. I am amazed that we did not cause a massive pileup.

If you still have 2021.36.5.2, I STRONGLY suggest disabling automatic emergency braking.
And you have to disable AEB every trip…it automatically reenables.

You gonna erase your data and start over? Or try to get the score up?

Or wait to see if they fix it….
To late to erase it. I didn't know it was a problem until they downgraded it back to 5.2 then 5.1. Safety Score wasn't there until 5.1 was back and the damage was done. I was a full month of driving (1369 miles) without a single FCW alert and today I had 101.9! Obviously due to 5.3!

Reactions: Tpstulane
Holy Sh*t is 10.3 scary!! Wow.

Had two full AEB’s on the freeway doing 70mph. I mean full ABS engagement, seat belts locking, the works.

These were out of nowhere…was getting constant false FCW’s before each one.

I had to very carefully pull off the freeway and turn off FCW and AEB. Was getting false FCW’s the whole way.

I see they are pushing a .1 release over LTE. Hoping it fixes this. Seriously dangerous.
I had the exact same experience. From 75 down to like 10. My friend with me had never ridden in a Tesla, and it scared the *sugar* out of him. It happened again later and was giving continuous FCW everywhere. The hard ass braking happened with autopilot off. It scared me enough to want to opt back out despite going through all this BS to get it.

Reactions: Tpstulane and BCNY
And you have to disable AEB every trip…it automatically reenables.
Thanks for the tip on AEB! I was 100 miles from home this morning. Heading back, I too had constant FCWs. Disabled them as the family was freaking out. Made it home w no cruise control or anything and reset before putting the car in park. I'm still on 36.5.2, but assuming that will be removed before tomorrow. Curious to see if I'm still at 99 safety score once I get the dreaded score back.

Hypothesis: 100s that did the opt out and re-enrolled by or before Thursday morning 10/21 got the beta today. Those who re-enrolled after may receive it later today or tomorrow as the kinks are worked out. Data below. @UncleAndy520 @Chrisgt do you remember what time you opted back in on Thursday? Was it morning?

Trying to figure out why @JeremyJ hasn't gotten it yet. Seems to be the only one with a long-term 99s that hasn't.

View attachment 725158
I think I did mine about mid-day eastern time.

Reactions: dillon