Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps, but as a developer myself, I've seen this happen one too many times when managers force us to push out software that we don't think is ready yet.
Is that in agile ? The basic idea would be to push out in time but only with features that are ready. I doubt Musk cared at all about exact features that were going out - just the timing. So, this tells me someone in the team made a mistake - they were not forced to ship with unstable features.

Also, the bug itself has nothing to do with features - but probably a bad change or bad checkin.

To confirm after my installation, 2021.36.5.3 is the version with FSD beta 10.3.1 🙂. Is everyone who rolled back to 2021.36.5.1 getting the update as well and back into the FSD beta? I had 2021.36.5.2 beforehand.

I also finally got an email from Tesla about the FSD beta. Previously I didn't get one when I was initially rolled out to FSD 10.3, and now with this bug fix of 10.3.1, I now got an email with the details.

What's odd is that it says that I have Tesla Vision. I have a 2019 Model 3 which has radar. Is this a mistake? I was able to drive to 90 mph with autopilot before it disables me beforehand. I haven't tested it with this new update though.
Hi
I think they're telling us they've turned off our radar and we're now on Vision only. That's my take.

Is that in agile ? The basic idea would be to push out in time but only with features that are ready. I doubt Musk cared at all about exact features that were going out - just the timing. So, this tells me someone in the team made a mistake - they were not forced to ship with unstable features.

Also, the bug itself has nothing to do with features - but probably a bad change or bad checkin.
Well some of my experience is from teams trying to be agile but are not.

I was referring to the bug that was introduced, because they're rushing without testing many configurations not because they're trying to release unstable features. Our brain can only push so much before we collapse and start forgetting things with long hours. To me it seems like the the Tesla engineering team have been working the past few weekends and nights. I think they need a vacation.

Sounds like we all had bad experiences with the dangerously buggy release. I'm curious if anybody got into an accident when this bug occurred, but since FSD beta was given to people with high safety scores (even via gaming the system), I'm confident that most of us corrected the AEB and prevented a crash. I hope. 😁
The scary braking is so sudden that it takes pretty fast reflexes to respond to. It also threw me into the seatbelt so hard that it took me a second to recover from the shock of it. Thank god no one was right behind me.

The scary braking is so sudden that it takes pretty fast reflexes to respond to. It also threw me into the seatbelt so hard that it took me a second to recover from the shock of it. Thank god no one was right behind me.
When I experienced it, my wife was sleeping and immediately woke up (of course). She thought I did it on purpose, haha. It was so scary for both of us that it took us about 5 to 10 minutes to calm down from the adrenaline rush.

When I experienced it, my wife was sleeping and immediately woke up (of course). She thought I did it on purpose, haha. It was so scary for both of us that it took us about 5 to 10 minutes to calm down from the adrenaline rush.
I'd assume we'd be 100% liable if someone slams into us following a AEB incident?

Seems the 9/25 date has dropped off the safety score (I can’t tell if it is still influencing the number since my 9/25 was a 100/10) so hopefully, my 9/26 64 drops off tomorrow and should take me to 99.56. Anyone seem a BAD 9.25 score drop and produce a better SS?
Got my bad 9/25 score dropped today (lots of FCW that I don't even see). Score jumped to 99! Yay! 😊

I'd assume we'd be 100% liable if someone slams into us following a AEB incident?
Haha. GM should have just put the car "may do the wrong thing at the worst time" in the manual to avoid liability for the ignition switch failures. After all the effected drivers could have just turned the ignition switch back on to disable the steering wheel lock and airbag deactivation!
Clearly there is some limit to what unexpected behavior the driver can reasonably be liable for.

Haha. GM should have just put the car "may do the wrong thing at the worst time" in the manual to avoid liability for the ignition switch failures. After all the effected drivers could have just turned the ignition switch back on to disable the steering wheel lock and airbag deactivation!
Clearly there is some limit to what unexpected behavior the driver can reasonably be liable for.
Normally if someone rear ends you, it is their fault for following too closely. Not sure if anything changes with autopilot in play.