Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been about 150 installs today. 405 this morning of the 36.5.5 and now at 552 (again from the sample set of TeslaFi users).

1635280870459.png

980 installed total and 357 pending

1635280941493.png

Reactions: mltv and dillon
There have been about 150 installs today. 405 this morning of the 36.5.5 and now at 552 (again from the sample set of TeslaFi users).

View attachment 726088

980 installed total and 357 pending

View attachment 726090
Does anyone know what the 2021.36.5.5 release is? Is it more fixes to FSD beta 10.3 or is it the non-FSD beta version? I currently have 2021.36.5.3.

Reactions: Tpstulane
I had over 3,100 miles with a running safety score of 99 the whole time and finally received the broken update 10.3 and fixed update 10.3.1 over the last few days.

I was watching people bragging about scroll button wheel resets / opting out - opting back in etc..etc.... I sure hope Tesla fixes(ed) that since the Insurance model is relying on that data and if it's as easy as reseting a drive to "cheat" the system then it is pretty useless.

I was pretty salty about seeing people gaming the system the whole time just to get the Beta but I guess that's how some people are. 🤷‍♂️
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. This isn’t people cheating to get into college or something. The safety score has some pretty serious flaws to it, e.g. running red lights is “safer” than braking on yellow. In the second scenario, you are endangering other drivers, which strikes me as much worse than opting out and back in. The idea of cheating usually presumes that the competition is fair to begin with, which I don’t necessarily agree is a valid assumption. As an example, it is much easier for someone in a sparsely populated area to avoid score dings than someone in a major city. Would you consider it cheating to drive exactly 100 miles and then no longer drive the car to ensure you get the beta? Speeding up to 70 and then braking down to offset hard braking or driving around in circles to offset aggressive turns are also arguably methods of cheating. In all of these cases, you are taking advantage of loopholes in the safety score calculation. Opting out is just another loophole in the system. I think any loopholes that endanger other drivers are morally worse than opting out/in, but I also think it’s a bit silly to ascribe any kind of morality to how you earn a fairly arbitrary beta/safety score.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. This isn’t people cheating to get into college or something. The safety score has some pretty serious flaws to it, e.g. running red lights is “safer” than braking on yellow. In the second scenario, you are endangering other drivers, which strikes me as much worse than opting out and back in. The idea of cheating usually presumes that the competition is fair to begin with, which I don’t necessarily agree is a valid assumption. As an example, it is much easier for someone in a sparsely populated area to avoid score dings than someone in a major city. Would you consider it cheating to drive exactly 100 miles and then no longer drive the car to ensure you get the beta? Speeding up to 70 and then braking down to offset hard braking or driving around in circles to offset aggressive turns are also arguably methods of cheating. In all of these cases, you are taking advantage of loopholes in the safety score calculation. Opting out is just another loophole in the system. I think any loopholes that endanger other drivers are morally worse than opting out/in, but I also think it’s a bit silly to ascribe any kind of morality to how you earn a fairly arbitrary beta/safety score.
Simply put my daily commute is Atlanta rush hour traffic. Look it up ….as bad as any other. I was able to keep my 99 with no problem just being cautious and realizing how the scoring works. So no rural driving for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t doubt that people don’t see it as “gaming the system” but if Tesla insurance actually becomes an option for most of us I doubt the scroll wheel reset and opt-in opt-out are going to work for you then 😂

As a side note I’m not worried about it at all. My wife’s score is a 91 and no worries about that either.
6AD7CD01-14DD-45FF-9842-9F21D5793D3C.png

Reactions: dillon
Oh wow so they’re rolling full force and definitely not “1,000 every two weeks”. Looks like a ton of 99s didn’t get it on Friday then. I was getting ready to saddle up and get ready to wait another 10+ days thinking they’re done adding people for now. But you’ve given me hope.

Naturally though, I will lay all blame on you if this hope is squashed.

Reactions: JeremyJ
Oh wow so they’re rolling full force and definitely not “1,000 every two weeks”. Looks like a ton of 99s didn’t get it on Friday then. I was getting ready to saddle up and get ready to wait another 10+ days thinking they’re done adding people for now. But you’ve given me hope.

Naturally though, I will lay all blame on you if this hope is squashed.
Sure, happy to take any blame. I wish we could find the logic in these updates.
And they're still rolling - now up to 570 installs (within TeslaFi gang).
Here's the release notes for the 36.5.5 version - 2021.36.5.5 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Since Tesla Service told me that I'm free to opt out if I don't like the beta safety score, I don't feel bad about opting out. If I opted back in, it would be a "beta" or test strategy. People that mention Texas Tesla insurance is or could be affected by things like this need to remember, the system is in beta, which is pretty questionable for an insurance business.

Since my FCW produces no audible warning, and Tesla won't fix it because it's beta, I reset the car hoping to fix it myself, and also reset the car now that it has started to brake for no reason. Like autopilot panic. Reboots are a "thing" nowadays, and often fix problems. I don't have the FSD beta, and thought I was immune to phantom breaking but it happened today in a new area. None of this stuff is perfect, but very often, the brakes need to be used.

If the car can brake suddenly, when not on autopilot, I suspect a silent update, but really don't know. I logged a bug report. All I can do is try to drive the car safely, and if that takes a reset, I'll do it. I don't see this whole rollout producing many happy people, so I just try to work around it. It helps to vent a little, but the games with the system I see are very creative, but likely will be mitigated by Tesla. Life is still good, as long as beta is acceptable.

Reactions: mltv and outdoors

And Elon himself called the SS an Alpha release during the latest earnings meeting.

We all know how janky it is, so why wouldn’t you opt out/in if you want the beta?? Does anyone really believe Tesla doesn’t know about the “loophole”? With Elon’s screwy sense of humor, maybe the opt out was some sort of Easter Egg, haha!!

There are no numbers for 5.3 on Friday/Saturday.
5.3 didn't begin rollouts until yesterday.
View attachment 726125
Sorry, I meant 5.2 (beta 10.3) but I see it there now and that it’s zeroed out from the recall.

I was trying to see if ~1,000 got 10.3 Friday and then all were shifted to 10.3.1 Monday. It looks like that’s what happened with (915+21= 936) getting the beta today and yesterday.

TeslaFi n00b here - this isn’t all vehicles, right? It’s only installs from TeslaFi subscribers? If so, curious what percentage of US drivers have TeslaFi.

• Funny
Reactions: Thp3 and outdoors
Yes, I think Tesla knows loopholes, and a part of me says Elon likes people that use their resources to solve complex problems. He games things also. There are plenty of tax loopholes still in place, and companies game them for billions. This is small potatoes. I actually think this is more about the environment you drive in than your actual driving. Penalizing people for hard braking while trying to minimize 60-0 braking time ? Pull out hard braking, FCW, add running red lights, and use autopilot based following distances, and take it out of beta and then the SS may be fair.

Sorry, I meant 5.2 (beta 10.3) but I see it there now and that it’s zeroed out from the recall.

I was trying to see if ~1,000 got 10.3 Friday and then all were shifted to 10.3.1 Monday. It looks like that’s what happened with (915+21= 936) getting the beta today and yesterday.

TeslaFi n00b here - this isn’t all vehicles, right? It’s only installs from TeslaFi subscribers? If so, curious what percentage of US drivers have TeslaFi.
Anybody get updated yet from 99? Still here. Hopefully this week i would hope.