Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So no word on a wider roll out? Seems like most of us got duped once again...beta for everyone in summer, beta for everyone that presses the button, beta rolling out to 1000 people per day, bla bla bla.

Looks like they knew beta was no where near ready for mass rollout, so they engineered this stupid game that only the diehards with free time on their hands could play to placate them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stop it here and we go back to the waiting game for months for the rest of us.

So no word on a wider roll out? Seems like most of us got duped once again...beta for everyone in summer, beta for everyone that presses the button, beta rolling out to 1000 people per day, bla bla bla.

Looks like they knew beta was no where near ready for mass rollout, so they engineered this stupid game that only the diehards with free time on their hands could play to placate them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stop it here and we go back to the waiting game for months for the rest of us.

Agreed. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they go radio silent for months with no new rollouts. What a stupid way to do it.

The TeslaFi data does seem to show a lot of downloads today, not sure if they are just new version for currents, or wider.

Simply put my daily commute is Atlanta rush hour traffic. Look it up ….as bad as any other. I was able to keep my 99 with no problem just being cautious and realizing how the scoring works. So no rural driving for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t doubt that people don’t see it as “gaming the system” but if Tesla insurance actually becomes an option for most of us I doubt the scroll wheel reset and opt-in opt-out are going to work for you then 😂

As a side note I’m not worried about it at all. My wife’s score is a 91 and no worries about that either.
View attachment 726112
I live in Atlanta as well. I had a 99 before I reset, but got impatient with waiting. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve gotten cut off, which of course dings me for following too closely. I started trying to quickly engage autopilot if I thought someone might cut me off to avoid the dings.

Reactions: boonedocks
I live in Atlanta as well. I had a 99 before I reset, but got impatient with waiting. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve gotten cut off, which of course dings me for following too closely. I started trying to quickly engage autopilot if I thought someone might cut me off to avoid the dings.

I have a 100 with almost 300 miles now since opting out and in on 10/21. Actually did it by accident. Opt in and out did nothing. But later when I had to valet my car I opted out because I knew he would ruin the score. Then after opting back in a few hours later my score reset. Now when I drive I will reset before I park if anything happened on the drive that would ding me

Reactions: JeremyJ and Chrisgt
Screenshot_20211027-145513_Tesla.jpg
well this is interesting

This whole thing is so insane. I got the FSD beta which made the safety score disappear but I know it's still tracking me. Like having a police officer/dad/driver's ed teacher/mother-in-law constantly sitting in the back seat criticizing every move... I can't imagine a bigger deterrent to Tesla Insurance. I bought a really fun car and am a good driver but would never subscribe to this voluntarily!
The whole thing is crazy. I’ve been driving for about 30 years at this point and have zero accidents. I’ve avoided several with some of the things that would ding you here like hard braking.

Reactions: JeremyJ