Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I learned is if you rest your foot on the accelerator, it seems to nullify the AP exemption.

Another is the “follow distance” is only measured when you’re between 1s and 3s away from a vehicle ahead. So I was 7 car lengths for an entire drive, but never got “credit” for that as good following distance since it was greater than 3s. And the one time someone cut me off dinged me. So that would make my follow distance 100% bad even though it represented 1% of my drive. But I have no idea why or if it would drag down the overall score that much.

Yeah, the car not recognizing that distance for the safety score is kind of inexcusable to me. If the car can see and recognize a vehicle enough to put it in the visualization then it should count as a "following" event. The other issue that is related to this is the car coming in hot to stoplights/stopped traffic. I actually think that the car puts stoplights on the visualization before it puts vehicles but it still comes in hot. Personally I think that the car should at a minimum start "coasting" the moment it sees a red light. The car uses the brakes way too much on its own.

AFB3E29B-8ACE-4F0F-BF13-C560D1BEBCC8.png
Getting a page load error this morning. Anyone else having issues?

Same here. Car was down for like 1 hr after update reboot. When it came back up it nothing had changed. Weird.
I received the email that the fsd beta was being pushed or downloaded to me. Downloaded for long time and kept spinning. My version on the app still says 2021.32.22. What’s up?
I took a shot in the dark and just emailed the FSD team directly about it. I’ll report back if anything is done about it.

I have just gotten page failed to load as well. I opted out and back in and have maintained a 100 Safety Score for 157 miles. I crossed the 100-mile barrier yesterday.

Really hoping this error means that we are going to get FSD beta with this afternoon's *probable* update and no longer have to worry about this Safety Score nonsense!

Tesla is messing with safety scores. On Thursday, I had a safety score of 98, so I thought "I'm in for FSD beta." This morning the safety score screen failed to load for about 3 hours. Finally, it loaded and my score was 97. I had not driven since the 98 score. I drove another 20 miles today with a score of 100 and my overall is still 97. Something is rotten in Denmark!

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Tesla is messing with safety scores. On Thursday, I had a safety score of 98, so I thought "I'm in for FSD beta." This morning the safety score screen failed to load for about 3 hours. Finally, it loaded and my score was 97. I had not driven since the 98 score. I drove another 20 miles today with a score of 100 and my overall is still 97. Something is rotten in Denmark!
Have you been in for over 30 days? If so it could be that a high mileage day with 100 score dropped off causing the score to drop.
It's a simple calculation... miles times score for each day, add total miles and add total weighted scores then divide total weighted scores by total miles
You should come up with the same score number as in the app

Reactions: dillon