Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is EXACTLY (and the only) reason I paid for FSD.
I only wanted to be part of the progress of this technology.
I don't want or care for the finished product, I have no use for it.
I just only really wanted to be a part of the development of it; and I thought that's what would happen over OtA SW upgrades over time.
IDGAF about the finished product... sadly I've only been "part of the progress" by watching EVERY SINGLE YouTube FSD video about FSD.
I found this old(er) post of mine, and wanted to reiterate what I said before.
I was finally granted FSD Beta on 6/4 (along with many others) and it is everything and more of what I could expect.
I know it is not a finished product (nor did I expect it to be) and I wanted to be part of testing this new technology, and help improve it.
Unfortunately I was left out... until now

Now that I have it, I am even more impressed than I was by watching YouTube vids.
By using it in the first person, I am really impressed, by what it can do, and how it does it.
Sure, it is by no means the smoothest operator, but overall gets the job done pretty well.
Shy in some areas, too aggressive in others, but for the most part, it takes you from A to B. It makes mistakes, and corrects for it.
If it can't make a turn it re-routs (unlike other drivers that will risk or cause an accident to avoid missing a turn)

Anyway, to all those that were telling me "You're not missing much" or "I never use it because it's not good", I tell you... do yourself (and Tesla) a favor, and remove yourself from FSD Beta.

I am super happy and glad that I finally have it, and I love testing it, and reporting mistakes!
I use it every chance I get... the biggest and most annoying thing, is the forced NHTSA full stop (famous rolling stop recall) it annoys me, and other drivers, to the point that I actually disengage when there are "all way" stops with no traffic, as I just hate the feeling of unnecessarily coming to a full stop.
Yes, it's the law, but when traffic is super light, NO ONE follows it, just like NO ONE, goes the (exact) speed limit.

Hopefully some of my reports help finalize the product.

Has anyone gotten into FSD Beta since the first wave towards the beginning of this month?

I've been in queue for 2 weeks now with a 95+ score and 500+ miles driven with AP enabled with no invite yet :(
Are you asking about your new car delivered 6/5/22? It is likely still on a factory build 2022.11.101.x or 2022.11.102 and will be upgraded to 2022.16.x, if not already. In which case you are unlikely to get the FSD Beta, since it is on an older version 2022.12.3.20. I have not seen any downgrades to FSD from 2022.16.x on TeslaFi. You will have to wait until FSD Beta 10.13, which will hopefully be based on a new version.

I was waiting on my 2016 AP2 S90D that I paid for FSD the end of 2016. Kept a 100 Safety score. I did 6 service requests for the camera upgrade, even though I had the $2500 MCU2 upgrade--canceled--silence. So, 45 days ago I sold that Model S (w/free Supercharging for the life of the car-not that I am bitter), took delivery of my Model S Plaid with FSD. I Activated FSD magic button on June 5, when I read the roll out was happening.....looks like I was too late. I hate not enjoying my car, driving like a paranoid 90 year old. I have driven a over 100,000 miles on AutoPilot since the first AP1 in October 2015. I am on FSD w/ NOA 90% of the miles I drive. I have to be the longest ago of the OG, without FSD Beta. I really want to participate in FSD Beta. I know Elon has lot's on his plate, but, if there are any Twitter influencers out there that could throw this dog a bone, it would be appreciated. For 13 consecutive End of Quarters, I volunteered to help my local Tesla outlet educate new owners, and personally am responsible for over 40 referrals. 99 Safety score

I was waiting on my 2016 AP2 S90D that I paid for FSD the end of 2016. Kept a 100 Safety score. I did 6 service requests for the camera upgrade, even though I had the $2500 MCU2 upgrade--canceled--silence. So, 45 days ago I sold that Model S (w/free Supercharging for the life of the car-not that I am bitter), took delivery of my Model S Plaid with FSD. I Activated FSD magic button on June 5, when I read the roll out was happening.....looks like I was too late. I hate not enjoying my car, driving like a paranoid 90 year old. I have driven a over 100,000 miles on AutoPilot since the first AP1 in October 2015. I am on FSD w/ NOA 90% of the miles I drive. I have to be the longest ago of the OG, without FSD Beta. I really want to participate in FSD Beta. I know Elon has lot's on his plate, but, if there are any Twitter influencers out there that could throw this dog a bone, it would be appreciated. For 13 consecutive End of Quarters, I volunteered to help my local Tesla outlet educate new owners, and personally am responsible for over 40 referrals. 99 Safety score
I wish it worked like that. There are many who would likely make excellent beta testers, but cannot get an invite. I don't think there is anything personal in it, the numbers are just too large so Tesla likely works in abstracts. There are hundreds of thousands of cars out there, and likely a few hundred thousand are trying to get an invite into Beta. It's down to timing, safety score, and a healthy amount of luck.

Reactions: Nosken
Starting about 3 days ago, I’ve been getting false “hard braking” dings to my safety score. I’ve been at this for months and am well trained in not using the brake at all. So I know I’m not using the brake but I’m still getting hard braking dings. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Starting about 3 days ago, I’ve been getting false “hard braking” dings to my safety score. I’ve been at this for months and am well trained in not using the brake at all. So I know I’m not using the brake but I’m still getting hard braking dings. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Its not if you use the brake its how fast you slow down, even if you are only using regen.

I get many front collision warnings even with nothing in front of the car.

I seldom use the brake pedal, regen is great.

How do I see our safety score? My wife can, I have a different email address and PDA.

CAR: 2022.16.3
Droid: 4.11.0-1155
That could be the result of something in the environment causing the neural net to think a collision is imminent. Does it happen at the same places every day?

Its not if you use the brake its how fast you slow down, even if you are only using regen.
Depends what model you have. For example my 2018 S will ding with high regen braking, especially when going uphill. My 2022 S will never ding with regen, does not matter up or down hill. The way they calculate the G force on 2018 vs 2022 is completely different. Which makes no sense, but that is what I found using an accelerometer app and lots of testing.

See my post here:

• Helpful
Reactions: hybridbear
That could be the result of something in the environment causing the neural net to think a collision is imminent. Does it happen at the same places every day?
I am trying to find a way to turn off or educate the forward collision warnings in my garage where I park about 3 inches from a suspended piece of carpet. I have a 2023 model Y with ultrasonic sensors. Does anyone have a suggestion for location aware disabling of the forward collision warnings and safety score tracking?

Does anyone have a suggestion for location aware disabling of the forward collision warnings and safety score tracking?
Geez, how fast are you pulling into your garage? I can't imagine FCW going off at anything like speeds you would drive in a garage. Tesla says it only works above 3 MPH.

FYI, turning off FCW doesn't disable it from your "safety score." Do you have Tesla insurance anyway?

• Funny
Reactions: valem
Geez, how fast are you pulling into your garage? I can't imagine FCW going off at anything like speeds you would drive in a garage. Tesla says it only works above 3 MPH.

FYI, turning off FCW doesn't disable it from your "safety score." Do you have Tesla insurance anyway?
I do have Tesla Insurance. I cream into the tight garage but often notice there are temporary (ghost) images of a semi truck angled toward the car in place of storage shelving on one wall. Garbage cans on the other side sometimes have ghost images of a car. When I back out of my driveway there is a parked car near the driveway entrance. Sometimes it warns me, sometimes not. These are the only times I hear the FCW alerts. If I could disable based on location or educate the system, I might be able to confirm these are the source of the false alerts (or maybe that is the way they designed the system).

I do have Tesla Insurance. I cream into the tight garage but often notice there are temporary (ghost) images of a semi truck angled toward the car in place of storage shelving on one wall. Garbage cans on the other side sometimes have ghost images of a car. When I back out of my driveway there is a parked car near the driveway entrance. Sometimes it warns me, sometimes not. These are the only times I hear the FCW alerts. If I could disable based on location or educate the system, I might be able to confirm these are the source of the false alerts (or maybe that is the way they designed the system).
If you're driving slowly that's not an FCW. Those are parking alerts.