Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sailun eRange EV Tire line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be very interested to know if there is anyone else that has seen or maybe installed these tires on their MY or MYP. I came across these looking for All Season tire alternatives to the Michelin Pilot A/S tires. I also discovered they are being sold now at the tire chain called Sullivan Tire in the New England area and the prices look quite reasonable - all 4 installed for about $1050.
  1. Link to the Sailun site - Erange EV Tires | Tires designed for your Electric vehicle
  2. I did find this video posted as well on YouTube -
Would be great to get some actual real-world opinions on these. For the record, I am a big Michelin fan - I have them on our Audi SQ5 and have run Pilots Sports on other oast cars. The cost is always the big sting.

Not available yet, so no one knows the quality. Are you going to volunteer, or stick with the known quality of PilotSport, Vredestein?

I agree with Madsen203. Quality tires are critical, especially with expensive-to-repair crumple-zone designed cars!

Reactions: dino007
Not available yet, so no one knows the quality. Are you going to volunteer, or stick with the known quality of PilotSport, Vredestein?

I agree with Madsen203. Quality tires are critical, especially with expensive-to-repair crumple-zone designed cars!
I mean, you can save more by keeping HVAC off, driving slow, accelerating slowly, driving below the speed limit, running aero wheels. The only time you need to squeeze out an extra mile is if you drain the battery to 0 and trying to make it to a charger which sounds like dumb poor planning on your part.

If you can afford a Tesla, you can afford the cheap electricity that goes into it to use all its features. EV efficiency stuff is a joke and a scam on the American public.

Keep your snake oil, I’ll keep my years of driving enjoyment.

Reactions: howardnj
I just saw these as well, but am unable to order them yet.

Should be a good budget alternative for those that don't really need Michelin/Pirelli performance on their day to day commutes, and are going through rear tires every 10-15k miles. It looks like they're going to land somewhere in the $200s for each tire.

The main takeaway for me here is that there is actually a cheaper alternative available in 255/275 fitment for MYP now, not that these are actually going to be good EV-centric tires with crazy efficiency or noise characteristics. As long as you're not running these in the winter, I'm sure they're going to be a "fine," normal tire for those who just aren't going to notice the difference between these and a Michelin. I can, most people on this forum can, but there's definitely a huge market for these.

If you've got dedicated winter tires, these might be a great tire for the warm months. Wear it out in 10k and save about $400 each time your rears need replacement. :)

Last edited:
Hey, can you report on performance / efficiency? Were you able to get them mounted yet?
I ended up getting a new set of Geminis, so my tire stash for this car is pretty complete right now. My factory 21s still have tons of meat left, so it would be next year at the earliest when I start shopping most likely. Maybe if I can get a customer with an MYP this year that wants them I can post some impressions. :)

I mean, you can save more by keeping HVAC off, driving slow, accelerating slowly, driving below the speed limit, running aero wheels. The only time you need to squeeze out an extra mile is if you drain the battery to 0 and trying to make it to a charger which sounds like dumb poor planning on your part.

If you can afford a Tesla, you can afford the cheap electricity that goes into it to use all its features. EV efficiency stuff is a joke and a scam on the American public.

Keep your snake oil, I’ll keep my years of driving enjoyment.
Wondering why you think low rolling resistance is snake oil :) If a company is innovating and improving EV range, it's great for the industry, 7% is nothing to laugh at. If these are successful, who knows maybe OEM equipment in a few years !

I just purchased a set for my Y today.

This was my first set of tires. I squeezed 26,363 miles on the OEM set and honesty should have replaced them 3-4k miles ago 😐

I could not pass up the price for these tires given the fact they’re made for an EV and EV specific tires are an arm and a leg.

These tires were hard to get a hold of here in so cal. Every BigO Tire was sold out when I checked a month and a half ago.

I ended up contacting Sailun directly from their info@ address on their website and received a prompt response. I was informed that tires would arrive in so cal mid to late June. So I decided to wait a month and a half. On Wednesday, I made a reservation on the big-O website, and to my surprise l, my appoint was confirmed.

When I arrived this afternoon, the guy at the tire shop informed me he got the last set from their warehouse in the area! Lucky me.

My drive from the tire shop was only 7 miles, but I can definitely say in that short drive, I noticed that the ride quality was markedly improved compared to the OEM tires.

I am a bit of a lead foot and manage 268-290 Wh. My 7 mil jaunt had me going 79-stand still stop and go and my consumption for the trip was 263Wh, so hopefully their marketing is true and I will get more range.

Total price out the door was $1500 and some change. You can’t find a cheaper tire made for an EV. I know China, foreign, but everything is made in China these days and I could not pass up the price.

I will report back and on efficiency as I drive more miles, but so far I’m happy and would rate them a buy

Attachments

• IMG_2554.jpeg
    IMG_2554.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_2553.jpeg
    IMG_2553.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 143
theganjaguru: What size? $1500 "out the door" seems high to me, depending on the size, of course. Sidewall says Vietnam, not China...

I look forward to updates from you.

(New tires [thicker rubber] always feel better than worn out tires. Just sayin') ;)

Last edited: