Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sailun eRange EV Tire line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Experiencing the exact same “hum” on my 2021 MYP - the worst being around 64mph. Let me know if you got it solved, but it sounds like it might just be these tires…
I still have a slight hum, my initial hum was also accompanied by a rolling over a rock type feeling. I think these just have a hum sound in general. After 1-2k miles I deff think they’re louder than the stock tires. Hoping they at least last more miles

Reactions: webphil
I will say that my Michelins at 15k are loud as hell - but they are slightly cupped on the inside tread. (Which Teslas like to do)

For what it's worth, our old 2019 Ioniq has these Sailun ERange tires (205/55-16) and a perfectly square alignment (No toe or camber for sportiness), and the tires are wearing 100% evenly and they have not gotten noticeably louder as they have aged. Your mileage may vary though - it's a totally different size and vehicle.

Last edited:
I will say that my Michelins at 15k are loud as hell - but they are slightly cupped on the inside tread. (Which Teslas like to do)

For what it's worth, our old 2019 Ioniq has these tires (205/55-16) and a perfectly square alignment (No toe or camber for sportiness), and the tires are wearing 100% evenly and they have not gotten noticeably louder as they have aged.
That’s good to hear, my hum is probably enhanced due to my window corner not making direct contact so the window sounds somewhat open in the corner. So once I can figure that out I think the hum will be much less noticeable

I have model 3 with the erange tires. No major issues, although I don't know that I trust them cornering superhard. They pass the wife test so they can't be obnoxiously loud or anything or she would be saying something.

I have model 3 with the erange tires. No major issues, although I don't know that I trust them cornering superhard. They pass the wife test so they can't be obnoxiously loud or anything or she would be saying something.
Yep - they are strictly an eco "touring" style tire. They do not have any sporting qualities that other factory tires may have had. (Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 or Pirelli PZero come to mind) Anyone getting these tires should be aware of that. You're getting the efficiency from them because they are not going to stick to the road like glue, like some ultra-high-performance all-season tires will. (Or summer in Pirelli's case)