Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was actually just thinking yesterday what MS would look like without that nose cone thing...well there it is! Aesthetically, the big black nose cone is my least favorite aspect of the car. It's just ugly IMO. It looks like a standard grille (and hence front) from a distance which is presumably the intent but which makes no sense - why try to look like an old gasoline car? Go with clean and sleek where you can, I say. Btw maybe this thread is better in 'interior/exterior' forum?

Last edited:
I absolutely love the interior of this car! Has a true tuner look to it without being cheesy. I can't say I'm a big fan of the hood or wheels though :( The hood design just seems too "old school, lets throw some vents on it and make it look mean", almost as though they can' break away from their old school muscle car roots and progress their designs. But that interior is soooo sweet. ::thumbs up::

I read recently that Tesla will be offering a front seat modification for those who want more bolster, and it will be possible to modify existing seats at the service centers. They're doing it by lowering the center part of the seat cushion.
Where did you read this? I've been trying to figure out my own solution for the seats.
It's on TMC somewhere but Elon mentioned this at one of the European stops recently.
Unless Todd is referring to a different (set of) announcements than I've heard, the front seat modifications have nothing to do with bolstering and everything to do with improving comfort by adjusting the spring/tension.

In short, yes to affecting the center part of the cushion but no to directed effort into improving "driver position stability" while cornering.

I really like what they did with front end treatment. Eliminating the ICE style front grill makes it look better. I was skeptical when I first heard Saleen was going to mess with the S, but im impressed from an aesthetic standpoint.

More updates and photos of the Saleen Model S I stumbled across, looking forward to seeing this evolve.
http://www.teslarati.com/saleen-tesla-model-s-race-track-spy-shots/#pZAKypaBeqC6uoSK.97

Saleen-Tesla-Model-S-Track-Test-6.jpg

Teslarati is being very 'optimistic':

The result will be a transformation of the Model S sedan to a track-ready beast of an electric vehicle (EV). Saleen will truly delight anyone who wants even more performance from their Tesla Model S without giving up everyday driveability.
We test drove the Saleen Tesla Model S on the track and also played chase with it in our very own Teslarati 48 race car, and can say the differences were astounding. The electric Saleen was fast. It cornered fast, pushed strong and the braking was radically different. It’s safe to say the Saleen Model S will be true to both of its DNAs, well engineered and race ready.

I just don't see how one can call a car capable of few 'full-power' laps being track-ready. I'm also dying to see what they will change on the car. This will also reveal the 'weakspots' or compromises in design