Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they lowered the gearing for better acceleration, but I doubt his claim of longer range from the lower gearing. They said "racing gears", which might mean straight cut, which might be more efficient? Same HP so they didn't get into modding the motor and inverter. A shame, but expected. I do like the new front end.

Wow.

Need some details, but like the no nose cone front end which appears to actually be designed to improve cooling and generate down force. Totally unclear what is happening with gear box because increasing gear ratio supposedly helps performance, but would think that wasn't an issue and torque availability was not a problem.

So many questions...

Last edited:
Oh man, that nose is hideous :(

0119fd5abdc7883fc3909859d6e4ab5a.jpg

I think the nose/hood redesign is pretty clever. A bit of a maintenance nightmare tho; at low speed you'll have rain washing down it. :tongue:

An 11.39 gear ratio would increase top speed significantly, wouldn't it? Low end might be just a bit sluggish, but maybe not?

They better have a real good wheel/tire and suspension setup in order to keep traction with their new gearing, to put all that torque to the ground without slipping, if they're going to improve 0-60 times. I've done 4.0 seconds (0-100 kmph) in my car with stock 19" Contis. Now they go from 9.73 to 11.39 reduction - 17 % more reduction. Will that give them something like a 3.7 second time in real life? Or even better???