Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales Advisor (SA) questions/ SA etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

northernnjmy

Order 3/28 MYLR MSM 5seat white FSD 20” deliv.5/10
Apr 17, 2021
Northern NJ
For some background, order placed on 3/28, MSM, 5 seat, white interior, induction wheels, no tow, FSD upgrade. The current range of delivery dates is May 6- May 18. At this point, I have not heard from or contacted a sales advisor. Is there any reason I should contact them before they contact me first? Is it “bad etiquette” to message someone if you have questions about your order prior to delivery? Also, it seems like many people have a bad experience with their SAs. Overall, I’d love to hear everyone’s timelines in terms of communication with their SAs- who reached out first, for what purpose, at what point along in the delivery process etc. Thanks for your input!

Reach out to them and politely ask whether they would like to provide you at least the same level of service for purchasing a $200 TV at Best Buy considering you are spending $50+K on a car.

Tesla needs to up their game on customer service or they will be eaten alive when the legacy manufactures start producing EVs en masse.

For those who are ready to pounce. I am a Tesla supporter from Day 1. I own Tesla stock, and I currently have a MYP on order (paused for build quality to improve).

Tough love is still love.

I ordered my MYLR in September of last year and took delivery in October. All my business has been through the Renton SC. I looked at all Tesla models before making my choice and the folks there, while super busy were also quite gracious. When I placed my order online, I couldn't find where to enter a referral code for free supercharger miles. I went ahead and placed my order and when I got the confirmation email from my SA, I contacted him and asked if it was too late to activate the referral code. He took care of it with no issues. I didn't get a lot of communication while I was waiting for my VIN, but if ever I had a question, I sent him an email and got a reasonably prompt reply (usually within a day or two). When I picked up the car, he was available to answer questions and make sure I got everything squared away. I had a couple of minor post-delivery issues, one of which required an extended stay for the car. They scheduled the maintenance and set me up with a loaner. They were having some supply issues and so some parts were delayed, but they notified me promptly and kept me up to date. The maintenance experience was as painless as any I've had.

My car buying experience was very positive, especially considering some experiences I've had with traditional dealerships (tho Mullinax Ford of Olympia are the exception...stellar repeated experience with those folks). But it was because of the folks at the SC, not really a feature of Tesla. Tesla is like that faceless sci-fi entity that doesn't give a *sugar* about your puny human ass. The machine grinds along and does what it was designed to do without emotion or drama. It's the people trying to work within the Tesla machine that made the experience worthwhile. Elon, if you're listening, consider putting some energy into refining that Exceptional Customer Experience, and appreciate the rock stars who are the exception rather than the rule.

Yup, that's my humble opinion. 😇

For some background, order placed on 3/28, MSM, 5 seat, white interior, induction wheels, no tow, FSD upgrade. The current range of delivery dates is May 6- May 18. At this point, I have not heard from or contacted a sales advisor. Is there any reason I should contact them before they contact me first? Is it “bad etiquette” to message someone if you have questions about your order prior to delivery? Also, it seems like many people have a bad experience with their SAs. Overall, I’d love to hear everyone’s timelines in terms of communication with their SAs- who reached out first, for what purpose, at what point along in the delivery process etc. Thanks for your input!
Your SA is you're only hope. Try calling or emailing the standard ordersupport email address, see how much response you get. That toll free number for order question, it's a voicemail which doesn't have any record of when you leave them voicemail. I like paper trail, so I usually email my SA but I also don't bother him as much. I probably email him once every 3 weeks asking for status or if there's something wrong on the account like unable to upload insurance information. So I would say don't email him every day but also keep in touch with him once in a while to show you still want the car and you care about the status.