Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales per store per day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSMX2014:
One of the reasons your posts come under scrutiny is because in the short time you've been on this forum you have changed your name and your story. Up through page 1350 you called yourself Scottcouto . When I pointed out that both your posts were merely complimenting the same poster you changed your name. On page 1350 you claimed to have lost "hundreds of thousands of dollars" when TSLA dropped from 137 to the low 120s. To do so, you would need to own over 12,000 shares and have over a million dollars invested in TSLA. On a later post you claimed to have benefited tremendously from the upward movement of TSLA and wisely sold at a big profit after a huge run up. There is good reason for people on this forum to scrutinize your posts.

Agree. Thanks for pointing this out for other members who may not be aware.

According to this Tesla employee, Tesla is currently averaging about 100 sales per month per store.

This statement should be taken with a frunk full of salt. I know a couple of stores where the average of two a day is much more realistic. If there were really 4,600 per month just through the stores then delivery dates would be going further out and I'd have to assume that would have been noticed by now.

(N.B. I'm not questioning what the OP heard only reflecting that it was more likely someone was exaggerating)

- - - Updated - - -

Mod Note: some posts went to snippiness

I can't really speak to MSMX2014's credibility. I can speak to my own experience with two galley conversations in the last year. In April, I visited the Denver gallery after a ski trip. Upon asking, "How many cars a day do you sell here on average?" the salesperson replied to me, "One to two on average". In July, at the completion of Teslive, I asked the salesperson at Santan Row how many cars they sold there, he was pretty coy and wouldn't answer. Then I said, "The guys in Denver said they sell 1-2 per day." He got a big ol' grin and said, "We sell WAY more than 2 per day."

There you go. Place your bets.

November and Dec are seeing much better then average sales for automotive industry, IIRC. ~100 reservations/orders(as opposite to actual sales) could be true for November but not October...

Anyhow, could someone start tracking time from date finalized to expected delivery date? Create a thread where ppl who finalized will post what is Tesla's estimated delivery date. I know perf get their cars faster. But still should be very interesting insights into demand dynamics... Might be even such forum thread already exist?

Zzzz...;518352[B said:
November and Dec are seeing much better then average sales for automotive industry, [/B]IIRC. ~100 reservations/orders(as opposite to actual sales) could be true for November but not October...

Anyhow, could someone start tracking time from date finalized to expected delivery date? Create a thread where ppl who finalized will post what is Tesla's estimated delivery date. I know perf get their cars faster. But still should be very interesting insights into demand dynamics... Might be even such forum thread already exist?

I think that is more of a conventional car sales thing. You can usually get a much better price at year end as they are trying to clear out the older models at a big discount. Tesla doesn't do discounts so not sure if it's as prevalent with Tesla.

The employee was explaining that an average of 100 people per month per store place an order online at the store for an MS. Would be ideal if another TMC member would go to a Tesla store and try to confirm this information.

(1) He probably didn't actually average properly. He's probably just generalizing from his store, or three or four stores; he likely had no idea which stores are "weak", and could be off by a factor of two.
(2) He's clearly rounded to a nice round number. Which means he could mean as little as 75.

Adjust for fuzzy-headedness of the source of the rumor, and assuming it's "true" it could mean 5175 reservations per quarter. Which sounds a lot closer to correct.