TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sales & Service Center - Baltimore

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Lanny, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

Starting a new thread for the Baltimore (Owings Mills) Tesla Sales and Service Center.

SSOMMDmapT.png

According to the Tesla map, a Sales and Service Center is "Coming Soon" to Baltimore.

The pin on Tesla's map is pointing to a building behind the former MileOne Collision Centers at 9430 Reisterstown Rd, Owings Mills, MD. The actual location is probably the bigger building closer to the main road. It is currently empty and has a glass walled front area which is consistent with an auto sales floor and a large attached area in the rear that could serve as the service bays.

The building looks like it would need quite a bit of work first. Here are some photos.

TeslaSSOM1.jpg

TeslaSSOM2.jpg

TeslaSSOM3a.JPG

Lanny

• Informative x 1
  2. paulkva

paulkva Member

Excellent news! Any word as to whether they'll have a supercharger accessible to the public? While it wouldn't help I-95 travelers much unless they're in a pinch, it would be useful for anyone going through Baltimore toward Harrisburg on 83 or Frederick/Hagerstown on 70.

3. jdo

jdo Member

A supercharger there, even though not ideally accessible to I-95, would still provide some much-needed pop-off relief for Newark.

4. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

Went by the site in Owings Mills recently and there doesn't look like there has been anything happening.

FullSizeRender(8).jpg

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Lanny and others -- any new signs of activity? The Tesla web site says it's coming soon.

6. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

This would save me from turnpike tolls to Devon... and cut 60 miles (total) off trips!

7. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

We happened to drive by there yesterday and there is no sign of activity whatsoever at that building.

8. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

I live 5 mins down the street for here and still no sign of any work being done yet. Theres still a sign saying the building is for lease, dosent seem like there will be any progress for at least 6 months if they haven't officially leased the building yet.

9. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

Anything recent?

10. decrypt

decrypt Member

Last week my DS said they were planning to open in December or January.

• Like x 1
  11. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

No sign of any work being started as of this morning, October 8th.

IMG_0216.JPG

• Informative x 1
  12. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

There were several dumpsters outside as of at least last night, not sure of exactly when they arrived but it looks to be progress.

13. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

Except it appears someone broke into the building, notice the nice human sized hole in the window.

14. Thinkje

Thinkje Member

Construction has begun... Tesla_OM1.jpg Tesla_OM3.JPG Tesla_OM4.jpg Tesla_OM2.JPG

• Informative x 5
    • Love x 1
  15. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

It appears like most of the demo is done in the showroom area. The service center is the entire rest of the building, when open you can see that they are doing the framing to pour concrete ramps to go from one level to the other have a 3 level service center.

Hopefully they can get the body shop behind them approved to do body work since they are so close to each other.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Nice! Glad to see there will be three service centers within an hour of me by the time I get my Tesla.

17. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

Building has been painted a nice clean white, looks like they will be starting to build the inside any day now. doors were closed to the service bays so I couldn't check the progress on any inside work.

• Informative x 1
  18. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

Starting to build the inside. There's metal frame work up for new walls and the displays.

I would guess middle of December they should be open.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

There was a tesla employee there today double checking on things so I had a minute to chat with him. He did say that there would be a super charger there but I don't know how many stalls, didn't wanna ask too many question. He however did say we'll be open in December.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  20. Zmx9

Zmx9 Member

Most of the parking lot is being repaved today. The service bays floors have been poured with new concrete. Not much progress on the showroom or any kinda signage up yet.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2