Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales & Service Center - Baltimore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ITS OFFICIAL !!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 114
This is great news, I'm in Lutherville/Timonium. Looks like a huge Sales/Service center. Taking delivery of S60D in January/Early February all the way out in Rockville (unfortunately).
Congrats! Just think it will probably be your *only* visit to Rockville SC - which, by the way, I adore - even though we've "lost" a few great peeps to promotions and other opportunities (does anyone else remember Lenny Peake? I heard he's been promoted a number of times as Tesla has grown, and if my early experience is any indication, it's very well-deserved; when he explained Tesla's service philosophy I was impressed, but skeptical, and he was right! :) ). Anyway, chances are Rockville will seed key people over to Owings Mill, so you're really just meeting your new service team before they arrive.

Reactions: EVTECH
FWIW, I have heard that Owings Mill is still a couple of weeks away from opening; that it is being seeded from Rockville staff; that there is a truly astonishing ratio of applications to slots (across the company but likely applies to Owings Mill as well).

@Larry David, if you are taking delivery as late as you describe in your post, why couldn't you take delivery in Owings Mill? As long as Owings Mill opens a reasonable amount of time before your delivery. Really, they only need to know where to send it just prior to loading it onto a truck or train.

Alan

I drove past the site and didn't see any signs of a supercharger. Anyone know if indeed there will be a public Superchrager here?

I'm at the site right now, they have dug a trench from the middle of the building up next to the handicapped spots. There's 4 separate conduit runs going to those 4 spots. I suspect that they will be located there although it's an unusual spot being right at the front door.

****Was talking to one of the guys. In the parking lot they are installing 4 wall connectors wired up to 100amp breakers. There is a supercharger inside wired to a 250amp. I know that's not ideal but it's probably all that the building's electrical can support.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 64
Congrats! Just think it will probably be your *only* visit to Rockville SC - which, by the way, I adore - even though we've "lost" a few great peeps to promotions and other opportunities (does anyone else remember Lenny Peake? I heard he's been promoted a number of times as Tesla has grown, and if my early experience is any indication, it's very well-deserved; when he explained Tesla's service philosophy I was impressed, but skeptical, and he was right! :) ). Anyway, chances are Rockville will seed key people over to Owings Mill, so you're really just meeting your new service team before they arrive.

I'm glad some of them will be coming to Owings Mills, it'll make the trip more worthwhile!

FWIW, I have heard that Owings Mill is still a couple of weeks away from opening; that it is being seeded from Rockville staff; that there is a truly astonishing ratio of applications to slots (across the company but likely applies to Owings Mill as well).

@Larry David, if you are taking delivery as late as you describe in your post, why couldn't you take delivery in Owings Mill? As long as Owings Mill opens a reasonable amount of time before your delivery. Really, they only need to know where to send it just prior to loading it onto a truck or train.

Alan

I emailed my DS to see if it was possible to pick up from Owings Mills and he responded,

"The Owings Mill location is still undergoing renovations – I do not have a good estimate for when the new location will open. I have heard ranges from December 2016 to Spring 2017. However, once they are open you will be able to take your new Tesla there for all your service needs."

It read like a non-answer to me, so I think switching to Owings Mills is still a possibility. If the Owings Mills location is open by the time my order is ready to ship, I will press him to switch. I confirmed 11/23 (the day after year end cut off oy vey!), and received VIN 11/24. I would not be surprised if the next east coast batch is delayed to the end of January/later. If so I'm definitely getting delivered in Owings Mills.

[QUOTE="Larry David, post: 1859759, member: 55260"
It read like a non-answer to me, so I think switching to Owings Mills is still a possibility.[/QUOTE]

These things take as long as they take. He'd've been unwise to make you any kind of promise.

If the Owings Mills location is open by the time my order is ready to ship, I will press him to switch. I confirmed 11/23 (the day after year end cut off oy vey!), and received VIN 11/24. I would not be surprised if the next east coast batch is delayed to the end of January/later. If so I'm definitely getting delivered in Owings Mills.

In my opinion, the reasonable time to revisit the delivery location is when the car enters production. Production is rapid, and when it comes off the line, the car will need to be shuttled into the correct queue for transport. If I understand the process correctly, some of the cars are queued up for rail transport while others are loaded onto a truck. If by train, the car will go to a holding area until enough have accumulated for the train trip. Truck transport is actually faster -- but also more expensive and less environmentally friendly. In any case, once the car has left production, I would *guess* that moving it from one queue to another becomes quite a bit more painful.

So if Owings Mills is open when your car hits production, I think you'd have an excellent shot at getting them to re-route it for delivery there, as long as you ask before the car exits production.

Just one man's opinion.

And let's face it: you're gonna love the car no matter where you take delivery. :)

Alan

P.S. My order was confirmed November 9 and I received it last night, December 7, in Rockville. It probably arrived there this past weekend, and if I probably could have picked it up as soon as Monday. So, in my case, it was a little less than a month for the total time between order confirmation and arrival at the SC.

...snip...

Alan

P.S. My order was confirmed November 9 and I received it last night, December 7, in Rockville. It probably arrived there this past weekend, and if I probably could have picked it up as soon as Monday. So, in my case, it was a little less than a month for the total time between order confirmation and arrival at the SC.

Congrats on receiving the new one! From the Signature block it sounds like a real nice configuration! I hope to see the all glass roof in person some day :D

Alan - I too would love to see the all glass roof.

Larry David, I was just at RSC and met Shawn (or Sean - sorry, I didn't check spelling). It is his second day working for Tesla and he is training to be concierge at Owings Mills. So, great timing in terms of giving Judith and AG some holiday time off (I hope), but I'm guessing that's a good sign for an earlier opening.

(Also, I heard they're doing 8 deliveries today, lot is PACKED, and mostly with new cars)

• Informative
Reactions: kevinf311