Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales Tax Penalty Fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Tesla in late November and received my registration package mid January.

I currently reside in Texas and if you don’t pay the taxes within 30 days you get a penalty fee. When I went to register, I had a $300 fee added because of this.

Is this something I can get Tesla to pay or was that my responsibility even though I didn’t receive my registration package until after 30 days? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, they took my bill of sale. Was that something I hold onto or is that needed to get sent to my lien holder?

Thanks!

I took delivery of my Tesla in late November and received my registration package mid January.

I currently reside in Texas and if you don’t pay the taxes within 30 days you get a penalty fee. When I went to register, I had a $300 fee added because of this.

Is this something I can get Tesla to pay or was that my responsibility even though I didn’t receive my registration package until after 30 days? Anyone else have this problem?

Also, they took my bill of sale. Was that something I hold onto or is that needed to get sent to my lien holder?

Thanks!
Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0