Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sales Tax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery date of Tuesday, VIN and MVPA. The MVPA is populated with only the gross vehicle sales price less my deposit.

Does anyone have any experience with when the final numbers including sales tax are populated in the MVPA?

Thank you!

Is that that MVPA that has the final price sheet? You should see a line item right on there.

Any chance you are picking up out of state?

Thank you for the reply! So when you say pick up the final contract do you mean in person at the sales center? If that's the case I would have to leave again to go get a certified check. If not, is there another contract document besides the MVPA that will show up in my account?

I don't think what you have is the MVPA. There is a generic one that has only the config sheet and total for config. The final MVPA shows up just before delivery and includes one page of line items detailing tax, registration, etc.

The link you're clicking on to get to the supposed MVPA - does it say "order agreement" or "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement"? Another easy way to check is if the VIN is somewhere in the document. If it doesn't have a VIN that's not the MVPA.

I don't think what you have is the MVPA. There is a generic one that has only the config sheet and total for config. The final MVPA shows up just before delivery and includes one page of line items detailing tax, registration, etc.

The link you're clicking on to get to the supposed MVPA - does it say "order agreement" or "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement"? Another easy way to check is if the VIN is somewhere in the document. If it doesn't have a VIN that's not the MVPA.
It says motor vehicle purchase agreement

Its an early versiom of it that gets updated on your account page (usually without notifying you...).

Your delivery advisor will send you an electronic MVPA with the items you asked about filled out about 24 to 48 hours before your scheduled date.

030C73C4-3052-477D-B1FD-7BF88D0F08F3.jpeg

You need the page that looks like this on top. You’ll only get this near Delivery and only once all your financing details are submitted.

If they do not get all the final details to me at least 48 hours in advance I will have to put off delivery as it will take 2 days to get a cashiers check overnighted to me by the bank. My bank has no local branches.

I had this issue, and Tesla said its okay to release the car if the bank sends them confirmation that they mailed the check with a scanned image of the check + tracked postage etc. This allows same day mailing of the check and car pickup.

Stopped by today to make sure the car was actually there. It was! I guess the detailers get there early because I’ll be there at 9:00 and it still needs a bath. Anyway, they confirmed I will be handling tax and license on my own. A little strange, but better than not being able to sell in Utah at all. So far although a little sparse on communication, all has gone as planned.