Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage 2022 Model Y LR. High Voltage Battery contactors not closing. Car has the new Li-Ion 12v battery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll send you mine. I’m down to try
Hey guys.
I also got a new one and was able to download the update.
It now won’t actually update saying there is a issue with the 12v system.
I did change the battery and the only was taken apart and trashed.
Anyone have an idea what is next?
Hey where were you able to get new Tesla vcfront, I went to my local Tesla service center and they were like I can’t order any parts from them it has to be done thru tesla all or something

Guys same problem here Tesla s 2021 with small new lithium battery. I could not wake up the HV despite new pyro fuse and external 12V. Small battery is drained so nothing happen without outside 12V support and same two message… getting Desperate. I checked pyro continuity and is there. Anything else I should check on Pyro Fuse?
Have you found the secondary pyro fuse on tesla model s 2022

An update to my case, I replaced the PCS and the contactors closed properly after “Service Can Redeploy”

In my case seems like when the pyro fuse exploded it was the reason the PCS got fried in the process.

My guess is that this is very rare situation and not a lot of cars will have that.

For most cases, updating old firmware and clearing load shed will do.

If your car can’t open service mode for geofencing reasons… you can just reset factory settings from toolbox.

And if you can’t get service mode or it’s just loading blank white page, you can clear laod shed from toolbox as there is aroutine to do so if you can’t access it from service mode.

Basically every single action you can do from service mode, you can also do from toolbox.

If you are trying to rebuild 2022 car without toolbox, this might be difficult if the car hasn’t been updated to a newer software version.

Using another vcfront will only help you because you are unable to close the eFuse and clear load shed from service mode or toolbox.

And if you do rebuild Tesla’s regularly, it’s best to have an updated, cleared vcfront handy for such cases.
What is PCS? Where is it located?

I replaced the safety control module and didn’t put it back. Then curtain airbag blew with a loud gun-like sound. I was like now what? I have changed the pyro fuse underneath the hv battery pack. Nothing better. Now only the door opens with the extra power supply.

Feeling desperate…

Any updates here?

Newer versions of firmware will let you do clearing of load shed right from service mode, make sure you have both headlights plugged and try to update the firmware to latest available version.

If you have latest version which is: 2023.2.10
You can change the battery type from Toolbox, this will let you plug regular acid 12v battery instead of Li-Ion and work on fixing the car the switch back to original Li-Ion afterwards.

In anyway make sure you have powerful enough external support to the LV system, should be between 13V and 16V, with 20-30 Amps.

The VCFront has eFuse system that stays open in case there was an accident, you can either clear the state on the bench (not sure how they do that, but can be done)
Or you can update firmware of car and clear it your self from service mode.

View attachment 907944
can you advice the command in order to change the battery type from toolbox ?

Is the any way to force update the car’s firmware using toolbox ? If so , could you pls advice how ?

Thank you

An update to my case, I replaced the PCS and the contactors closed properly after “Service Can Redeploy”

In my case seems like when the pyro fuse exploded it was the reason the PCS got fried in the process.

My guess is that this is very rare situation and not a lot of cars will have that.

For most cases, updating old firmware and clearing load shed will do.

If your car can’t open service mode for geofencing reasons… you can just reset factory settings from toolbox.

And if you can’t get service mode or it’s just loading blank white page, you can clear laod shed from toolbox as there is aroutine to do so if you can’t access it from service mode.

Basically every single action you can do from service mode, you can also do from toolbox.

If you are trying to rebuild 2022 car without toolbox, this might be difficult if the car hasn’t been updated to a newer software version.

Using another vcfront will only help you because you are unable to close the eFuse and clear load shed from service mode or toolbox.

And if you do rebuild Tesla’s regularly, it’s best to have an updated, cleared vcfront handy for such cases.
What is the PCS and is it located under battery cover?

Guys same problem here Tesla s 2021 with small new lithium battery. I could not wake up the HV despite new pyro fuse and external 12V. Small battery is drained so nothing happen without outside 12V support and same two message… getting Desperate. I checked pyro continuity and is there. Anything else I should check on Pyro Fuse?
Nintendo80, after you initially replaced your Pyro Fuse- did it still show up in Service Mode as being red (bad) even though you replaced it?

@Nintendo80 or @evrepair, Can one of y'all send me a PM? I guess I am too new to the forum to be able to do that (or I am just not smart enough to figure out to do it). I have a 2021 Model S and it was running great but the RCM crash data was full. So, like Snow, I made the FOOLISH mistake of removing the RCM with the LV battery connected. I blew my curtain airbags. =-( I have replaced the airbags and replaced the Pyro fuse but my screens are black and I have no power to seats. It zapped my first LV battery quick so I replaced the battery and when I plug it in I can hear the coolant pump turn on, the door handles open but that is about it. Everything else is off.

@Nintendo80 or @evrepair, Can one of y'all send me a PM? I guess I am too new to the forum to be able to do that (or I am just not smart enough to figure out to do it). I have a 2021 Model S and it was running great but the RCM crash data was full. So, like Snow, I made the FOOLISH mistake of removing the RCM with the LV battery connected. I blew my curtain airbags. =-( I have replaced the airbags and replaced the Pyro fuse but my screens are black and I have no power to seats. It zapped my first LV battery quick so I replaced the battery and when I plug it in I can hear the coolant pump turn on, the door handles open but that is about it. Everything else is off.
You need to replace the vcfront also. The
do software reinstall while powering the car from a 14V power supply that can handle 40amps or more.