Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! We bought a 2017 model S second hand from a dealer in February. The car was branded rebuild. The car was t-boned at an intersection in 2017 and the passenger door was replaced by Tesla. When we bought the car we pulled the Carfax and talked to the DMV about the details of the accident and thought we had done our due diligence. But didn't realize rebuild meant salvage. So our mistake, I guess. And now eight months of us owning the car and three years after the car has been back on the road, supercharging has been randomly disabled. So now the car we bought for its size so we could travel in as a family has been basically relegated to being a glorified run about. We have been reading that it might be possible to have the car rooted to re-enable the fast charging capacity. Car is 2017 model S 75d MCU 1. Any advice or direction to resources here would be much appreciated.

goodbadboys9: Tesla servicing the car is the only benefit of recert. And there are a number of drawbacks like loss of the lifetime Supercharging which was paid for at original purchase.

Snow452: It's not so bad, there are many of us with Salvage. You saved some money. Sure Supercharging greatly enhances the car's utility. If you're technically able you can use my wiki to do just about anything you want, including re-enabling that Supercharging. If you're not so technical you can turn to one of several able and honest techies like appleguru or ce2078.

goodbadboys9: Tesla servicing the car is the only benefit of recert. And there are a number of drawbacks like loss of the lifetime Supercharging which was paid for at original purchase.

Snow452: It's not so bad, there are many of us with Salvage. You saved some money. Sure Supercharging greatly enhances the car's utility. If you're technically able you can use my wiki to do just about anything you want, including re-enabling that Supercharging. If you're not so technical you can turn to one of several able and honest techies like appleguru or ce2078.

Thanks for the advice Rooter, it is a really great car otherwise. But we live in a remote part of our province and the ability to travel to the major cities is essential. Right now we can't even make it to the service centre should we need to. Not particularly tech savvy. The most I've ever done is follow a script to dump an image of a phone I had lost some data on. But that is a long way from actually having any real understanding. But I will check out your wiki regardless. If anything just to get some better overall knowledge of how the computer system works. My son is a little more computer literate so maybe he can make heads or tales of it. But likely will be looking for some outside help. So thanks for your input.

By anychance does anyone know what should be the value for 12v support for keep awake disabled is set to 1 & does it supposed to be 0?

I am seeing GTW_384 Keep awake support disabled & 12V not supported

Any help will be highly appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201112-145910_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201112-145910_Gallery.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20201113-140949_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-140949_Photos.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 121
How would someone get rid of vital errors about HVJB, FC contactors and HVIL? Hence the BMS fault that comes with it.

I was removing the broken master charger from a dual charger 2015 Model S to instead make slave the master and lower config to single charger. Steps;

- Removed slave charger.
- Removed master charger
- Replaced master charger slot with slave charger
- Configured it as master charger
- Car gw configured accordingly.
- Can't redeploy due to BMS fault

At first I had the A-HA moment when I discovered that the left alone slave charger connector would need to have a couple of wires on them to close the HVIL loop. After making that wiring perfectly sure it is done, there still are HVIL, FC contactors welded together and HVJB, HJBOT errors. I later found out in the manual, the wrong order of unplugging and plugging in charger logic connectors could create errors.

Unplugging and plugging as described didn't solve anything either. Where else to check? Open to all ideas.

The charger itself needs to be configured to work as master instead of slave.
I'm not sure but I'm afraid toolbox is needed to change this.

Hello,

I made a mistake of making my /var/etc/saccess/tesla1 tesla2 directory immutable. Now I'm unable to ssh into the CID. I'm currently running the "Lunars" scripts so I have limited functionality. The car still saves the tokens to my home server and to the IC. The tokens have been the same since I executed the chattr +i command in the CID back in April. I still can access the IC, when I check the directory the tokens sent from the CID are still the same as before and also match the ones the CID sends to my server. I believe the tokens will work, its just I never get to input the password when I ssh to the CID . I keep getting "connection refused"on port 22 . I'm not sure if its do to the port not being open anymore.

Is there another way I can re-gain access to the CID or am I just screwed. I understand that details can not be shared on this thread but if someone is able to help please send a private message. The car firmware is on V9.
Thanks

Hello,

I made a mistake of making my /var/etc/saccess/tesla1 tesla2 directory immutable. Now I'm unable to ssh into the CID. I'm currently running the "Lunars" scripts so I have limited functionality. The car still saves the tokens to my home server and to the IC. The tokens have been the same since I executed the chattr +i command in the CID back in April. I still can access the IC, when I check the directory the tokens sent from the CID are still the same as before and also match the ones the CID sends to my server. I believe the tokens will work, its just I never get to input the password when I ssh to the CID . I keep getting "connection refused"on port 22 . I'm not sure if its do to the port not being open anymore.

Is there another way I can re-gain access to the CID or am I just screwed. I understand that details can not be shared on this thread but if someone is able to help please send a private message. The car firmware is on V9.
Thanks

Was able to regain access with the help from well known techie in community! Lesson learned, don't make /var/etc/saccess directory immutable, it stopped ssh from working in CID.

Reactions: KArnold
I need remote help to manually flash a Drive Inverter logic board. Willing to compensate. The inverter's logic board is from a P85 so announces hwid 13. However car is P90D insane so it fails to redeploy because there isn't a DI firmware under /deploy/seed_artifacts that is di:13 and 4wd=1 at the same time. So I need to change that hwid to probably 23. Doing so manually in gw fails since after noboot.img initiates gwmon collects hwids again and that converts it back to 13. Adding the hwid to internal.dat to manually override also doesn't work. (unless tuner)

So please, I'm short in time and need help.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it (let me know and I'll move this post), but insurance just totaled my car after a rear-end accident. If the future owner finds this post, drop me a message and I'd be happy to answer any questions, damage, maintenance history, etc. Or, I suppose if you've got questions before bidding, that works too.

2016 Model S 90D
VIN 5YJSA1E20GF143242
Copart Lot #57806570

Reactions: 2101Guy and Hank42
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it (let me know and I'll move this post), but insurance just totaled my car after a rear-end accident. If the future owner finds this post, drop me a message and I'd be happy to answer any questions, damage, maintenance history, etc. Or, I suppose if you've got questions before bidding, that works too.

2016 Model S 90D
VIN 5YJSA1E20GF143242
Copart Lot #57806570
Cool thanks. I added your car to my watch list.