Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

M0rpH3x

Dec 2, 2019
So if one enables third party fast charging in a salvage car, but leaves supercharging off, does Tesla care? Will they turn it off? Or will they ignore it?

jussf

Jan 8, 2020
SF
i have a t-can pro that i can rent out. PM me if you need. Super helpful for stuck air suspension TAS error codes

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: JRP3

Dreamthugg23

Oct 7, 2020
Oregon
Yes, Tesla will program keys, but you first have to create a Tesla account (if you don't already have one) and transfer the car into it by submitting a picture of the Title or valid registration, and a copy of your DL/ID, and the name on it MUST match the name on the title/reg. Then they will enable the app on the car and it can be driven. Then it's a simple matter to drive the car to Tesla and they will program a key.

I can also do this, but it's a bit more complicated, as it requires root access. Best bet is to go to Tesla.
Looking for help with remote programming, anyone have any recommendations? Air suspension reset model x 2020?

red_five

Nov 27, 2020
Norfolk
Is it possible to retrofit the CCS upgrade yourself to a MY14 MS, not have to take the car to a Tesla Service Centre? I can buy the CCS combo 2 adapter obviously, but apparently it needs some additional electronics adding to early cars. I'm on FW v8.1 BTW.

twostep214

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Had an unfortunate accident recently and totaled my LR RWD pretty good. I didn't have insurance and I own it, so the title isn't salvage (won't lose Supercharging access and the remaining factory warranty?!!!)

I'm just beginning to acquire the parts today and Pyrofuse isn't restricted according to the parts catalog, so I took an awful 40 min drive in a car without autopilot to the nearest SC, who initially wouldn't sell me one. I pulled up the catalog on my phone, then, they tell me I need to give them my VIN...
....so.....
I just paid someone 6x the price for one on eBay in return for the pleasure of not giving Tesla my VIN. Does the chance of losing supercharging access make my tin foil hat look too tight? :p I can tell good times are ahead!

I should use a VIN from some random Model 3 from a salvage auction site VIN and resell these things myself on eBay. What a racket.

mrjedistud

Aug 3, 2015
New York
Hello all,
I'm looking for a way to calibrate a 2020 salvage S air suspension. pm me please.
Hi. We’re you able to recalibrate your air suspension. I’m having issues and wanted to see if there are any fixes before going to Tesla. My car is not a salvage so they shouldn’t have a problem taking it in.

samppa

Feb 17, 2019
finland
Hi. We’re you able to recalibrate your air suspension. I’m having issues and wanted to see if there are any fixes before going to Tesla. My car is not a salvage so they shouldn’t have a problem taking it in.
Yes..
But I recommend to take the car to Tesla if it isn't salvage.

MiBaDi

Mar 31, 2021
Portugal
Hello everybody. I am buying two M3s LR in Europe that were involved in a crash. Is there a way to know if supercharging is turned off before I buy them, or can I only know after I repaired them and took them to a supercharger to test it?

gwxfer

Oct 5, 2020
Europe
Hello everybody. I am buying two M3s LR in Europe that were involved in a crash. Is there a way to know if supercharging is turned off before I buy them, or can I only know after I repaired them and took them to a supercharger to test it?
It disabled in any way.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC