Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Tesla will program keys, but you first have to create a Tesla account (if you don't already have one) and transfer the car into it by submitting a picture of the Title or valid registration, and a copy of your DL/ID, and the name on it MUST match the name on the title/reg. Then they will enable the app on the car and it can be driven. Then it's a simple matter to drive the car to Tesla and they will program a key.

I can also do this, but it's a bit more complicated, as it requires root access. Best bet is to go to Tesla.
Looking for help with remote programming, anyone have any recommendations? Air suspension reset model x 2020?

Is it possible to retrofit the CCS upgrade yourself to a MY14 MS, not have to take the car to a Tesla Service Centre? I can buy the CCS combo 2 adapter obviously, but apparently it needs some additional electronics adding to early cars. I'm on FW v8.1 BTW.

Had an unfortunate accident recently and totaled my LR RWD pretty good. I didn't have insurance and I own it, so the title isn't salvage (won't lose Supercharging access and the remaining factory warranty?!!!)

I'm just beginning to acquire the parts today and Pyrofuse isn't restricted according to the parts catalog, so I took an awful 40 min drive in a car without autopilot to the nearest SC, who initially wouldn't sell me one. I pulled up the catalog on my phone, then, they tell me I need to give them my VIN...
....so.....
I just paid someone 6x the price for one on eBay in return for the pleasure of not giving Tesla my VIN. Does the chance of losing supercharging access make my tin foil hat look too tight? :p I can tell good times are ahead!

I should use a VIN from some random Model 3 from a salvage auction site VIN and resell these things myself on eBay. What a racket.