Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biggest question for your lawyer is to what did you agree? My understanding is that Tesla tries to get owners to sign away all DC charging capability as part of their HV inspection. If you signed such an agreement, then your outcome may be very different from those owners whose cars were hacked by Telsa without permission to remove all DC charging.
I've signed away Supercharging but not DC fast charging. They can prevent me from using Superchargers but they have no legal right to prevent me from using third party Dc fast chargers.

Reactions: luke68bird
Why did they have your vehicle for ~6 months?

I discharged the battery pack since it was a non runner so they could carry the work out on the battery pack straight away.
They tried to isolate the pack but due to the contactors being welded shut they couldn't.
They trusted false data from the vehicle and even though i advised them it was discharged they simply parked the vehicle
and advised they would need to fly in an expert to discharge the pack.

Hi Everyone.

I've been on the forum before but this is a new profile due to security concerns. What i'm about to say will be of great interest to all of you.
I have a court case against Tesla which will be covering the following issues. The vehicle is a salvage vehicle that was in their care.

• Gross mishandling of my vehicle to the extent that they've caused degradation to the battery pack. They left the battery pack fully discharged for nearly 6 months.

• Unfair terms and conditions in the salvage high voltage safety inspection document

• New terms and conditions blocking the vehicle from third party fast charging

• The safety issues and software limiting of the 85kw battery pack

Tesla could be reading this and i don't want to divulge anymore in a public forum but if you feel that you could support this case with your knowledge or experiences or even documents then please PM me.

Interesting. Please keep us posted.

I needed the following replaced

Recall for airbag and steering bolts
Pyro fuse and HV contactors
Rear motor and HV leads to rear motor
I don’t know your other username but if you’ve been around here any length of time, why wouldn’t you have gone to any number of aftermarket shops to replace pyro fuse, rear motor, contractors and leads? Let Tesla do their required recall work and kept your Supercharging, etc? I think aftermarket shops would have been far cheaper too.

I’m very sorry that Tesla treated you so badly but sadly we’ve come to expect such treatment. I hope that some good can come of this by not only a positive outcome to your lawsuit, but also by serving as a warning to others to use aftermarket shops.

Sad for Tesla too because most legacy automakers’ dealers make most of their money from service — Tesla’s (in)actions with your car discourage all owners, salvage or not, from going to Tesla stores for service. More penny wise and pound foolish (not) thinking by Tesla.

Yeah, somebody destroyed my wiki again. Looks like they dicked with the php this time.

Just as well, only few cared. Not worth tracking down the malefactor or finding the problem.

I have been doing a complete security and functionality overhaul of Lunar's scripts (first ever complete Tesla firewall, as well as backup of all critical files to IC & home server, updating maps, etc), but now I guess I'll just use them for myself.

You win, FuzzyBabyDucks, or Ingineer, or wk057. (most likely culprits) Not worth it. None of you ever, ever helped me, and I hope no one buys from any of you again. I have only my housing development to worry about now.

Have fun with your Trumpian fears and protecting your meager profits. At least I'm safe and financially independent.

And I tried my best to help the People. It was the Right thing to do, as my dad would have said.

I think it happened again.. :(

Do someone have problem last time with premium connectivity ? They disable it on my last salvage after 2020.4 i dont know why , when i check my account is enabled and must be lifetime . I have change it but automatically after some time new config is pushed to car and is again disabled .

Do someone have problem last time with premium connectivity ? They disable it on my last salvage after 2020.4 i dont know why , when i check my account is enabled and must be lifetime . I have change it but automatically after some time new config is pushed to car and is again disabled .
If you have a salvage car and have read almost any of the posts here, why are you still making it easy for Tesla to access to your car to disable functions? They should NOT disable any functionality without your permission, but you don’t have to make it easy for them. Please read more and get some help before they disable all of your DC charging ability or other more essential functions than premium connectivity. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: bkp_duke
If you have a salvage car and have read almost any of the posts here, why are you still making it easy for Tesla to access to your car to disable functions? They should NOT disable any functionality without your permission, but you don’t have to make it easy for them. Please read more and get some help before they disable all of your DC charging ability or other more essential functions than premium connectivity. Good luck!

BINGO!

My salvage car is 100% disconnected from the "mothership" and will NOT be getting the more recent software updates that have battergate and chargegate in them. For a legacy car without autopilot, I don't really see those updates bringing much to the table anyway.

Hey guys and gals! I'm looking at a salvage Model 3 and have a few questions. Things appear to have changed a lot since I had my last salvage Model S in 2015.

The car has a 12v battery warning despite having had it's battery replaced with a new one the owner bought from Tesla. Is this is a simple reset or a relic from the accident?

The car is stating it needs a software update but also says to call the dealer and it's displaying that message as a warning versus a pop-up saying a software update is ready like my clean title model 3 does. It has a slew of other warnings. Would the presence of faults in the car's various subsystems prevent it from updating or is it blacklisted? It said to connect it to Wi-Fi and I connected it with my phone but it wouldn't start downloading. Are these cars continuing to get updates or will it forever be locked to it's current version?

It's my understanding that supercharging is still enabled on Model 3's. Is that still the case? I don't absolutely need it but it would be nice to have the flexibility.

From the nature of your questions I would respectfully suggest you not buy this car until you do more research.

You can put a multi meter into the 12v accessory plug and see if the 12v system is above 12.8 v. If not, that could be the cause of some of the warnings.

I’ve owned and worked on salvage Tesla’s before. I’m not new to the game and already chased down and fixed a bunch of issues on this car.

I don’t have the car in front of me to troubleshoot though and thought I’d ping the collective experience of others to see if there was a well known reason to still have that 12v warning after the battery was replaced.

I’ve owned and worked on salvage Tesla’s before. I’m not new to the game and already chased down and fixed a bunch of issues on this car.

I don’t have the car in front of me to troubleshoot though and thought I’d ping the collective experience of others to see if there was a well known reason to still have that 12v warning after the battery was replaced.

If the 12v is low, and the HV pack is not discharged, you could have bad DC-DC contactors, a major problem.

Hi Everyone.

I've been on the forum before but this is a new profile due to security concerns. What i'm about to say will be of great interest to all of you.
I have a court case against Tesla which will be covering the following issues. The vehicle is a salvage vehicle that was in their care.

• Gross mishandling of my vehicle to the extent that they've caused degradation to the battery pack. They left the battery pack fully discharged for nearly 6 months.

• Unfair terms and conditions in the salvage high voltage safety inspection document

• New terms and conditions blocking the vehicle from third party fast charging

• The safety issues and software limiting of the 85kw battery pack

Tesla could be reading this and i don't want to divulge anymore in a public forum but if you feel that you could support this case with your knowledge or experiences or even documents then please PM me.