Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a salvage title, but receive OTA updates. Don't you get those? Might it be that your firmware is too old, before the transition to Hermes?
Yes, I wakup vehicle this year. In Jan'20 I connected to internet (repaired car itself and replaced sim etc) while it was last time visible on Tesla servers back in 2017 (verified with Tesla). Meantime it lost all updates, including migration to 18.26 and 20.4.

Pretty sure your cyper keys have expired and you won't be able to connect to Tesla anymore.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is the only way to get re-connected is for a Tesla service center to go through the process of re-issuing you new cypers.

If someone will kindly provide you the images, you can do all the upgrades yourself using instructions on my site. (I don't have access to the archive)

I prefer to completely lock Tesla out (using my scripts) so they don't pull any monkeyshines in my car, but we all make our choices.

Fun with the gateway is also in one of my scripts.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Someone could confirm?

This is what I was afraid of and even manual upgrading to newest firmware will not help. The only Tesla service might do this reconnection....

If what you are wanting is Tesla App access, you will need working keys to their servers. If you don't care about that, and want to be fully disconnected from them, then you can do manual upgrades as rooter suggests.

Thank you mates :)
Really appreciated - as finally someone (YOU) explained and confirmed what is possible and what not.

Few times I heard that once I will upgrade, my vehicle will reconnect (by miracle, automatically).
Now I know, I can have new soft, but only Tesla will reconnect me allowing: Tesla mobile, automatic updates etc.

Will try to update soft first and later will decide if this is enough for me or will to Tesla Service for more.
The only obstacle here is...I do not have image :oops:
Would appreciate help - on PM please :)

How would someone get rid of vital errors about HVJB, FC contactors and HVIL? Hence the BMS fault that comes with it.

I was removing the broken master charger from a dual charger 2015 Model S to instead make slave the master and lower config to single charger. Steps;

- Removed slave charger.
- Removed master charger
- Replaced master charger slot with slave charger
- Configured it as master charger
- Car gw configured accordingly.
- Can't redeploy due to BMS fault

At first I had the A-HA moment when I discovered that the left alone slave charger connector would need to have a couple of wires on them to close the HVIL loop. After making that wiring perfectly sure it is done, there still are HVIL, FC contactors welded together and HVJB, HJBOT errors. I later found out in the manual, the wrong order of unplugging and plugging in charger logic connectors could create errors.

Unplugging and plugging as described didn't solve anything either. Where else to check? Open to all ideas.

Last edited:
Update. Found out that I need to lower hvilnodes on gw config to 4. Also didn’t work. So the 2nd A-Ha moment that didn’t work. I wonder if it is the HVIL that is causing this there may be a damage in hvjb reed switches or something but errors are HVJB over temperature and FC contactors welded. So my first thought is the 12V logic connector of hvjb but it is receiving its 12V. Where am I missing?

Update. Found out that I need to lower hvilnodes on gw config to 4. Also didn’t work. So the 2nd A-Ha moment that didn’t work. I wonder if it is the HVIL that is causing this there may be a damage in hvjb reed switches or something but errors are HVJB over temperature and FC contactors welded. So my first thought is the 12V logic connector of hvjb but it is receiving its 12V. Where am I missing?

If i was you i would measure the HVIL amperage. it should be like 20ma from memory. So a very small current is running through that loop if the current isn't running you either have the sender device switched of or the loop is broken (some where).

the sending device will make sure that the loop stays at 20ma.

so if i was you i would start at the sender (look up in the schematics) and jump some plugs with your multimeter to check if the 20ma comes through and wich device is blocking it.

Now for the BMS there is a UDS sequence which needs to be sended over canbus.to reset atleast the welded contacts.

Are you familiar with that? How do you know those failures in the first place?

After changing the hvilnodes count, HVIL errors are gone actually but I'm getting;

-HVJB disconnected
-HVJB over temperature (two different ones)
-FC contactors welded (all kinds of different errors)

I'm still thinking this means HVJB logic connector is bad. However I checked the voltages coming in at the connector and they're fine. I think I got into this weird thing. In the bulletins about chargers they state 'Caution: Connecting harnesses in the wrong order triggers multiple high-priority alerts.' And while plugging/unplugging charger logic connectors I didn't know this and I'm stuck in an ominous position. So I really need your help. I did try to clear dtc, reset all ecus etc

Hello,

I have 2016 pre facelift model, after airbag deploy car won’t start, main screen is black and little screen keep saying power reduced, car is shutting down. this new pyro fuse next to fuse box is not linked to anything not sure or is worth replacing. Also radiator is damaged at the front and is empty, will filling radiator help to start car ?

Hello,

I have 2016 pre facelift model, after airbag deploy car won’t start, main screen is black and little screen keep saying power reduced, car is shutting down. this new pyro fuse next to fuse box is not linked to anything not sure or is worth replacing. Also radiator is damaged at the front and is empty, will filling radiator help to start car ?
You need to place wire between fuse on side of fusebox. This is why car not start.

Reactions: Tad2009uk
So where do we stand with Tesla at this time? Still no supercharging, right? How about parts availability? How about updates? How about service? I haven't heard about it for a while.
For service you need to pass HV test, as far as I know. Still receiving OTA updates without problems, and can use mobile app on my cars. DC charging is restored without any problems.

Hi Guys,

I recently got 2012 Tesla Model S which is involved in accident .Car is running fine once in a while & rest of the time it throws below weird messages. Any help would be appreciated. Is there any way to reset all of the error messages?

Service is required(BMS_W156)
Electric system power reduced