Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rooter Well, you know many people don't want to spill the beans openly, in case someone from Tesla is watching and they decide to close loopholes. I had a few conversations with very skilled people, and many times they would just tell me what's possible and what's not, but no details on the procedure.

Reactions: gwxfer
@rooter Well, you know many people don't want to spill the beans openly, in case someone from Tesla is watching and they decide to close loopholes. I had a few conversations with very skilled people, and many times they would just tell me what's possible and what's not, but no details on the procedure.
I've been weary for years of hearing this old canard.

Many things can be published without repercussions and I don't simply because I don't have time. So many things are not possible to countermand, and to keep -everything- under wraps just annoys me to no end.

I had to figure out my stuff for myself with almost no help, and now that I'm busy with my development I have no time for exploring or hacking, and I never hear anything from those who do; in fact I get asked for info by them.

This penchant for secrecy primarily comes from Sid, who punishes those who cross him, to be King O' The Hill. Well as long as others put up with this and mimic his false assertions, and as long as those out of the loop can/will not explore, this is what we have. We have the society we deserve.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for it (let me know and I'll move this post), but insurance just totaled my car after a rear-end accident. If the future owner finds this post, drop me a message and I'd be happy to answer any questions, damage, maintenance history, etc. Or, I suppose if you've got questions before bidding, that works too.

2016 Model S 90D
VIN 5YJSA1E20GF143242
Copart Lot #57806570

Well, the other party's insurance hit their policy limit, so my insurance took over. Still being sold via Copart, but now Lot #58944730.
https://www.copart.com/lot/58944730/

A little more info: I was rear-ended by someone going (my guess) 35-40. Damage doesn't look too bad visually (tail gate, tail light, bumper) but there's a bent frame rail and minor damage to the quarter panel that push the repair cost up. After the accident, car was still drivable, tail gate opened and closed fine. I think the MMC chip was getting weak, so you'll probably need to plan on a replacement for that soon.

Reactions: dennisvab
I do not recommend you take the MCU apart unless you have extensive experience with electronics. Several forum members here have permanently damaged the MCU doing this. You also usually damage other parts of the car getting it out. (Such as the upper dashboard pad) If Tesla is going to do something to the car, they likely already have, so going to all that trouble usually doesn't do any good. If you still feel you must do this, the quick way is to unplug the antenna connections (one in each side-view mirror), these connectors are accessible behind each door panel.

I can assist with diagnostics, and I have a remote access app that gives you full control of the car, everything Tesla's has but more options and access to all diagnostic data anytime you like. This is essential for when you have problems. I can also disable Tesla's access but preserve the internet connection and allow navigation to work properly.

I can also restore any options Tesla may have disabled, such as Supercharging. I also will explain all the faults and alerts to you so you know what they mean.

I will not do anything unethical. I will happily re-enable supercharging because the car had it originally, and therefore it was paid for. (once I ascertain it is safe to do so, which is why I suspect Tesla disables it)

If you were to get a battery pack from a Ludicrous car, and install it into an older P85D, I would be happy to enable it for you in that case, but if you have a car/pack that Ludicrous was not paid for, I will not enable it. (Besides, in many cases this requires hardware)

Likewise, if you had a car without navigation, but get the navigation capable SD card and Gyro board from the MCU of another car, I will be happy to program it. We are not depriving Tesla of any revenue, and simply moving parts around.

I fully support Tesla and their mission. I don't agree with some of their policies, but I do my best to do the right thing.

Can i also get assistance with that- My supercharging does not work