Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Car Owners Support Group.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No airbags were deployed and I don't think that Tesla knows that they have a salvage title. If they were never sent to Tesla after the crash they will never know to what extent it is damaged.
Maybe there, but in the US they subscribe to DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles, data feeds, so when the car shows up with a salvage title in the data feed they update their records and turn off Supercharging. I don't know if they do that in other countries, but I would assume that they do.

Maybe there, but in the US they subscribe to DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles, data feeds, so when the car shows up with a salvage title in the data feed they update their records and turn off Supercharging. I don't know if they do that in other countries, but I would assume that they do.
Ok, thank you. So, anyway, there's no chance I can know about that beforehand right?

Thanks

the pretensioners have been replaced but the airbag lights are still on
See pic - any ideas?

Attachments

• 5BB55891-4AAA-4BC7-BA6C-A3713BC4FF45.jpeg
    5BB55891-4AAA-4BC7-BA6C-A3713BC4FF45.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 105
Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement Passenger Airbag Connectors that I can splice into the wire harness.
I am replacing the instrument panel with a new one with the passenger airbag module attached. The old instrument panel deployed the airbag module and the wire harness connectors melted into the old deployed module. I am looking for some new pigtail inflator connections that fit the passenger airbag module.

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement Passenger Airbag Connectors that I can splice into the wire harness.
I am replacing the instrument panel with a new one with the passenger airbag module attached. The old instrument panel deployed the airbag module and the wire harness connectors melted into the old deployed module. I am looking for some new pigtail inflator connections that fit the passenger airbag module.
I forgot - it is for a Model S - Thanks in advance

KevParpar78910 the fact that the pretensioners blew is remembered in the SRS module and it has to be reset. Check with ce2078 or appleguru.

Jsalmon you can't buy them, reasonably. Tampering with them on the airbag side could make static electricity blow the bag. In your case see if one of those salvaging out a car will sell you one or more.​

(Why does text formatting not work?)

If any airbags deployed, I would assume supercharging has already been disabled. If the car has a salvage title but no airbag deployment, it's possible that supercharging will still work but probably just a matter of time before Tesla finds out and disables it.
No airbags were deployed on my m3 which is a salvage
However supercharging is not enabled
Can anyone in the uk clarify the position on rapid charging?
Also if I go to a supercharger and use the AC plug option - would this work and would it charge at the 120kw rate

No airbags were deployed on my m3 which is a salvage
However supercharging is not enabled
Can anyone in the uk clarify the position on rapid charging?
Also if I go to a supercharger and use the AC plug option - would this work and would it charge at the 120kw rate
There is no AC plug/option on a Supercharger. (There is a modified Type 2 DC plug at non-V3 sites but it won't work for you either as Model 3s can't Supercharge from that plug.)

I have a flooded model s (post April 2016). The car is in bad shape so I decided to extract the motors and use them in an EV conversion. I have an aftermarket VCU that should send the required CAN messages to the drive units. However, the DUs firmware appears to be updated to a version that requires the IMMO code. It is hard for me to ship the control board of the VCU to downgrade the firmware. Since I have the rest of the car components, I removed the BCM, connected the keyfob antennas, powers and grounds in an attempt to sniff the IMMO code. Unfortunately, there are no messages on the CAN bus from the BCM. Any tips?

I have a rooted 2014 Model S with AP1 on 2019.32.12.2 and am wondering if there is a way to recalibrate the radar without taking it in for service. I hit something on the highway which caused my radar to become unmounted from the car. It was still working as it would show the car in front of me in the wrong lane. After about three drives I received "Autopilot safety/convenience features unavailable". I took my bumper off and remounted the radar to what I believe was where it was at but the Autopilot error is not going away.
Would the T-CAN clear this error? With having root/SSH access to the car is there a way to recalibrate or clear the code?