Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage free unlimited supercharging account transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the owner of a 2013 tesla model s 60 with a salvage title. This car has free unlimited supercharging but I'm not sure if SC01 or not. My problem is when I bought the car the old owner was logged in on the car. I'm afraid that if I log out of the car via factory reset I will lose the free supercharging entirely. I want to use the mobile app for my car that's the only reason I am even considering this. I want to contact tesla SC about this but they need my vin to check. If they see my cars vin and it comes up as salvage they will most likely disable supercharging anyways. I'm fine with paying the tesla SC to recertify my car but I don't want them to take way the free part of my supercharging. Any idea's on what I can do? Also no way to contact previous owner.

I have a similar problem but my tesla no connecting on tesla servers…. propably first owner did it to safe free Supercharger (i dont know)
Can i do something to make my Tesla more usefull and fun? I mean about tesla app
I have toolbox 2.1 but i waiting for cable now maybe i can do it something

Upvote 0
The only way I was able to check on the SC code for various ones I was looking to buy was to call a Tesla service center and give them the VIN. I had to state first and clear that I was calling to check the codes for a certain car and I have the VIN
The only reason I'm not doing this is because I'm afraid if tesla looks at my vin the car will come up as rebuilt and boom, no more supercharging.

Upvote 0
The only reason I'm not doing this is because I'm afraid if tesla looks at my vin the car will come up as rebuilt and boom, no more supercharging.

When I bought a car, from a third party, that had been wrecked and repaired I called Tesla and they told me it was not a salvage title. For 5 years I charged on it with no problems. When we moved to a new state, with no warning of any kind, at our first supercharger stop on a trip, no supercharging. They finally admitted that they were wrong in the first place, but wouldn't do anything about it. I got no supercharging and a car with a salvage title, when I thought it was a clear title. Don't expect that your super charging will continue to work. They've automated the process with software to cut off everybody with a salvage title. I did eventually pay the 800 bucks to get it inspected, obviously it passed.

All this stems from the top down management of Elon musk. His particular psychological difficulty is communication with people. He vastly prefers communication through computers. Will do anything to avoid speaking to people if he can.. He will do everything to stop direct communication, including not even letting employees tell people that their super charging is now cut off, and they shouldn't take a road trip until they get it back.

Eventually they'll bump him from the CEO position and Tesla will improve in its communication. Love the guy, nobody else could have made the company go, but he's a real detriment to the company now.

Upvote 0
A salvage title is not supported by Tesla for warranty or free supercharging or even paid repair work. They will not provide anything for a car with salvage title.

That is true, until you get the inspection. Well, and always for the warranty. Since the inspection they have reinstated free supercharging for life, and done repairs on my vehicle. But, it does cost you nearly a grand to get back into the fold!

Upvote 0
My problem is when I bought the car the old owner was logged in on the car. I'm afraid that if I log out of the car via factory reset I will lose the free supercharging entirely. I want to use the mobile app for my car that's the only reason I am even considering this.
Hmm.. doesn't really matter if u reset or not but if previous owner has this car in their account n u don't have access to that, its very Unsecure...
Normally buyers transfer the car into their account right away, or some just get login credentials for current account to bypass SC05 superchager taken away

Pretty sure those early years had SC01 unless car went back to Tesla at some point in its life.

Upvote 0
That is true, until you get the inspection. Well, and always for the warranty. Since the inspection they have reinstated free supercharging for life, and done repairs on my vehicle. But, it does cost you nearly a grand to get back into the fold!
So I should probably get my car reinspected before my supercharging inevitably goes out? Should I reset car prior to this, I dont see tesla liking the fact im using someone else's account who I have no connection to.

Upvote 0
Hmm.. doesn't really matter if u reset or not but if previous owner has this car in their account n u don't have access to that, its very Unsecure...
Normally buyers transfer the car into their account right away, or some just get login credentials for current account to bypass SC05 superchager taken away

Pretty sure those early years had SC01 unless car went back to Tesla at some point in its life.
Kind of surprised this car still has supercharging to be honest. I'm the 6th owner and the car has been in 3 different accidents

Upvote 0
Kind of surprised this car still has supercharging to be honest. I'm the 6th owner and the car has been in 3 different accidents

The vehicle came with free unlimited supercharging for life. It doesn't matter how many people have owned it. As long as it's never been in Tesla's hands, it will still have free supercharging for life. There's a way to check for the code sc01, you can do some searching on here to find it. That would indicate that you will always have free supercharging with that vehicle.

As to the inspection, you have to ask for a service appointment through the app, so the car probably has to be registered to you

Upvote 0
The vehicle came with free unlimited supercharging for life. It doesn't matter how many people have owned it. As long as it's never been in Tesla's hands, it will still have free supercharging for life. There's a way to check for the code sc01, you can do some searching on here to find it. That would indicate that you will always have free supercharging with that vehicle.

As to the inspection, you have to ask for a service appointment through the app, so the car probably has to be registered to you
Registered to the app last night and was pleasantly surprised by this morning my car was paired to MY account. I looked under the specs on the app and was pleased to see "free unlimited supercharging". Appointment is in the works for HV certification.

Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0
Hi can you tell me how to request inspection on the tesla app? I look under request service and dont see an option to choose salvage inspection or any type of inspection. Any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Upvote 0