Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Model 3 and inability to receive support from Tesla for repair parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased a Model 3 with light front damage from Geico Insurance. I am in the salvage business, so this is not new to me. However, what is new to me is the inability to receive support from Tesla for repair parts. This vehicle doesn't have any frame or structural damage. I do need front fenders, headlights, and bumper cover. This car didn't come with any FOB, or key cards either. Where do I turn from here? Can anyone help me obtain these things? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
View attachment 397487
Any progress? I just bought one from an auction with no key card.

This might give you and idea of what is missing in your photo.
cq49tz+nSsuAkZZTG+4RoQ.jpg

One quarter panel alone is about $8-10k fully repaired.
I got a quote for $13.5k for a minor dent to the quarter panel. Crazy part is that Geico refuses to pay the labor rates quoted by the body shop. Body shop refuses to paint a Tesla at the same rate as other cars.

I am stuck between Geico and body shop refusing to budge. (for an incident with no fault of mine)

Doing it early on yes as there are limited salvage vehicles, people are able to this with S’s more easily because salvage parts are more readily available.

Had a guy in a class of mine who bought 2 salvage S’s and then formed a LLC in MA so he could buy the Tesla service software. After parting out what he doesn’t need he’ll have a working S with ludicrous for very little cash. Had a blast asking him about the process.
Would you happen to have his contact info? I’m curious if he still has the software.

How come they totaled such a slightly damaged model 3? Is it really so expensive to just replace the fenders, lights and bumper cover?

The bigger factor is how much these wrecked cars sell for at salvage auctions. Since they get so much money, the insurance companies can save money by totaling the car and paying out the difference between the fair market value and the salvage auction price.

My wife cut our driveway too close and scraped and dented the front lower corner on the right rear door. Also scraped the plastic rocker panel. I called 5 body shops, and they all referred me to the local "Tesla Authorized" body shop. Nobody else would work on it. I'll be picking my car up Tuesday. My wallet will be $2,000 lighter when I drive home.

For some reason, body shops are afraid to work on them!