TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Salvaged tesla update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Smokerhunter, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Smokerhunter

Smokerhunter Member

Hello Tesla owners

I am new to this forum so greatings.

I bought a salvage tesla from an auto auction in the usa ... i live in jordan ... the car was shipped here and when i received it i found out that the battery was stolen from the car... i started looking for a new battery here and i found one with the same capacity (very high price but what can i do ) a technician installed it however after asking around i found out that it needs an update to be able to start and this has to be done online with i think Tesla service center but they asked for alot of money to do the update ...

My question is this really the case i need to update the battery before starting the car ? And if yes how can i do it with the lowest cost after all this car toke all my money hehehe .

And i want to ask if there is any changes in the salvage cars maintenance at Tesla

Thank you very much

2. Evoforce

Evoforce Active Member

I am not sure if you are talking about the 12 Volt battery or the High Voltage traction/drive battery.

3. kdday

kdday Member

He most certainly is talking about the large HV battery. Yes, it needs to be programmed to function with your car.

Likely someone on this forum that sells these services could help you remotely I imagine.

4. GTR2010

GTR2010 Member

One question were you at EV Service - Jordan / Ahmad Odeh?

5. Smokerhunter

Smokerhunter Member

No i was not at the EV Service - Jordan however i came across a guy named Ahmad Odeh dont know for sure if we are talking about the same guy ... anyhow is he the one who might be able to help me ?

6. Smokerhunter

Smokerhunter Member

thank you for your reply ... do you know someone who might be able to help me with this ?