Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvaged tesla update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla owners

I am new to this forum so greatings.

I bought a salvage tesla from an auto auction in the usa ... i live in jordan ... the car was shipped here and when i received it i found out that the battery was stolen from the car... i started looking for a new battery here and i found one with the same capacity (very high price but what can i do ) a technician installed it however after asking around i found out that it needs an update to be able to start and this has to be done online with i think Tesla service center but they asked for alot of money to do the update ...

My question is this really the case i need to update the battery before starting the car ? And if yes how can i do it with the lowest cost after all this car toke all my money hehehe .

And i want to ask if there is any changes in the salvage cars maintenance at Tesla

Thank you very much

Hello Tesla owners

I bought a salvage tesla from an auto auction in the usa ... i live in jordan ... the car was shipped here and when i received it i found out that the battery was stolen from the car... i started looking for a new battery here and i found one with the same capacity (very high price but what can i do ) a technician installed it however after asking around i found out that it needs an update to be able to start and this has to be done online with i think Tesla service center but they asked for alot of money to do the update ...

My question is this really the case i need to update the battery before starting the car ? And if yes how can i do it with the lowest cost after all this car toke all my money hehehe .

And i want to ask if there is any changes in the salvage cars maintenance at Tesla

Thank you very much
I am not sure if you are talking about the 12 Volt battery or the High Voltage traction/drive battery.

He most certainly is talking about the large HV battery. Yes, it needs to be programmed to function with your car.

Likely someone on this forum that sells these services could help you remotely I imagine.

Hello Tesla owners

Thank you very much

One question were you at EV Service - Jordan / Ahmad Odeh?