Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvaged Tesla with no Keys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone figure out how to get key for programmed for salvaged tesla ? Any third party link who can do it remotely ? Please help, i have a 2020 model y siting for over a year cuz tesla wont make key until fixed and i cant get it fixed w/o key. Anyone who can make key?

Don’t know why the thumbs down. If you use setup a phone to use the movie the car to the shop isn’t the shop going to need it to move it around their shop and work on the car.
You can easily add a temporary driver to have access to the car. The shop could use their own device and account so there's no need to leave one of your own devices behind.

@jawad05 I sent you a message, check your inbox
I understand but I thought poster had the car at home and wanted to get it to a 3rd party shop. So figured they would need some sort of key.
Tesla MS can be open and driven with the app. Had one without a key once and was able to do just that. BTW, using the APP I open a ticket for a key, bought a used key on Ebay, and Tesla mobile came to my place and program my key, no charge. at that time car was not drivable with several alarms.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
I understand but I thought poster had the car at home and wanted to get it to a 3rd party shop. So figured they would need some sort of key.
@LayZ I have a similar situation, but I am not able to send messages yet, can you please send me a message? thanks.
Hi LayZ ,
Could you please send me pm ,my tesla dc charger is locked remotely, i need your help.
Thanks