Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Same car different interior !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, me and my brother ordered two model X p100d ravens, we have the cars from almost 4 to 5 weeks now, we have exactly the same order black with white interior, we just noticed few days ago that his dashboard is different than mine!
Mine is white his is black, we Informed Tesla they were even surprised ‍♂️
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• B1058F67-0958-42F3-9352-040E969F0453.jpeg
    B1058F67-0958-42F3-9352-040E969F0453.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 8A85F42B-6FEF-48A1-977B-3DA95F4A7100.jpeg
    8A85F42B-6FEF-48A1-977B-3DA95F4A7100.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 229
Yes seems for a short while they used black lower dash instead of white. Supposedly new ones coming off the line with white interior all have the white lower dashboard. Curious the build date of each car (Sticker in drivers door)?
I had a July '18 75d with white seats that had a white dash. I upgraded to a Raven P in July '19 with white seats and I got the black dash. Both interiors were carbon fiber. I had read the forums and knew it was likely I'd be getting black, so it wasn't much of a surprise... I didn't realize they were still giving out white dashes though...

Hi guys, me and my brother ordered two model X p100d ravens, we have the cars from almost 4 to 5 weeks now, we have exactly the same order black with white interior, we just noticed few days ago that his dashboard is different than mine!
Mine is white his is black, we Informed Tesla they were even surprised ‍♂️
What do you guys think?

It's been reported before where people with white have received all white, or, a mix of white and black...

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders
Time of delivery
Time of delivery
Have a Model X on order? Go ahead and double check it's still configured correctly.

More than likely, the ones getting the black were incorrectly done, as, even the website still shows all white on Performance (whether or not you have Carbon).. And, on the Long Range, all white as well... It's not supposed to be a mix.

It could have been a post-conversion as mentioned above (originally going to be black, but, installed white seats/doors to fill order), or, could have been a wrong dash part being installed (or shortage). If it bothers your brother, have them fix it - I believe some that have had the wrong dash have gone back and complained to get it corrected.

I think they should be white. My cream interior MX from 2017 got cream lower dash and cream door trim. And if you look at Tesla's own page of Model X... they show a white door trim with white lower dash as interior. So if you really want a white lower dash, you should be able to get Tesla to swap it out I think.

It's been reported before where people with white have received all white, or, a mix of white and black...

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders
Time of delivery
Time of delivery
Have a Model X on order? Go ahead and double check it's still configured correctly.

More than likely, the ones getting the black were incorrectly done, as, even the website still shows all white on Performance (whether or not you have Carbon).. And, on the Long Range, all white as well... It's not supposed to be a mix.

It could have been a post-conversion as mentioned above (originally going to be black, but, installed white seats/doors to fill order), or, could have been a wrong dash part being installed (or shortage). If it bothers your brother, have them fix it - I believe some that have had the wrong dash have gone back and complained to get it corrected.

You are right, I saw few cars are the same, we are waiting for their response now, hope everything goes fine, thank you.