Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Same Software Update 2 Weeks In A Row??

Brian's ReX

Jun 26, 2018
Seattle
At the end of August, I was sitting home when I got notification of an available software update. I get a tad 'giddy' when I'm notified of a new update, and normally have to go sit in the car after completion to play with everything that's new! :p

However, this last Friday (the 13th! :eek:), I was at a party, to which I had arrived in my truck - because electric cars can't be driven when wet (jk, of course, but I DO like to keep ReX clean, so she doesn't come out in the rain much:rolleyes:). While enjoying myself, I get another notification that a software update is available!! I started the download from my phone (an awesome feature, BTW!)

The last update in August was 2019.32.2.1 - which I remember quite well - so I was surprised to see another update available! However, I had just taken the bait and ordered the FSD in this last price reduction, so I figured it had something to do with that?

Much to my surprise, after completion, my app STILL reads "2019.32.2.1". :eek: I made haste getting home to see what may be 'new'... but found the exact - I mean, verbatim - release notes (What's new in this update)! Best I can tell... I got the exact 'update' twice - about 2 weeks apart?!?!

The car is working perfectly, as usual... so no complaints there (except I have yet to beat ReX at a game of chess!).

Just wondering: Has anyone else had a similar experience?

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
At the end of August, I was sitting home when I got notification of an available software update. I get a tad 'giddy' when I'm notified of a new update, and normally have to go sit in the car after completion to play with everything that's new! :p

However, this last Friday (the 13th! :eek:), I was at a party, to which I had arrived in my truck - because electric cars can't be driven when wet (jk, of course, but I DO like to keep ReX clean, so she doesn't come out in the rain much:rolleyes:). While enjoying myself, I get another notification that a software update is available!! I started the download from my phone (an awesome feature, BTW!)

The last update in August was 2019.32.2.1 - which I remember quite well - so I was surprised to see another update available! However, I had just taken the bait and ordered the FSD in this last price reduction, so I figured it had something to do with that?

Much to my surprise, after completion, my app STILL reads "2019.32.2.1". :eek: I made haste getting home to see what may be 'new'... but found the exact - I mean, verbatim - release notes (What's new in this update)! Best I can tell... I got the exact 'update' twice - about 2 weeks apart?!?!

The car is working perfectly, as usual... so no complaints there (except I have yet to beat ReX at a game of chess!).

Just wondering: Has anyone else had a similar experience?

How come you get a software released this month on last month? I bet the last one was 2019.32.1 from last month.

The current one is 2019.32.2.1

Reactions: dragonxt

Brian's ReX

Jun 26, 2018
Seattle
How come you get a software released this month on last month? I bet the last one was 2019.32.1 from last month.

The current one is 2019.32.2.1

Entirely possible. The numbering was similar enough that I may have made that mistake. However, I would have hoped that the 'release notes' would have been different... if not just a "includes bug fixes" or something. But it's word for word exact. Unless they simply corrected something in the text that is so insignificant that it's not noticeable.

And, 2 updates in as many weeks? Again, strange. But hey, if my car just keeps getting better... who am I to complain! o_O

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
They have never changed the what’s new text for sub releases.

maybe because they don’t have different release notes based on the version you are coming from.

X-pilot

Jul 5, 2019
Florida
I’m signed up for the “advanced” release, so I’ve been getting the double update. I figure the 2nd is the cleanup of the 1st (beta).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC