Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sample seat material and body color available at my local Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email from my local Tesla Store today checking if I have the latest information in case I haven't checked the Tesla web site in awhile. I checked and nothing has changed. However, the email also asked me to go to the store as they now have sample seat material and sample exterior color which I could physically touch and look at. Not sure if it's the textile seat material or the vegan leather though. Anyone received this email?

They still don't have a Model 3 available in the showroom. It seems like they're doing this to ensure its customers that everything is ok. With so much negativity lately and reservation holders worrying about getting the car too late and might find alternatives, it's nice that they're doing that.

They’ve always had seat material and paint samples in the stores for the S and X, and since the 3 has the same paint colors, I doubt these samples were anything different than what they had before unfortunately.

Yeah, they're probably just trying to get you in there to try to sell you a Model S. That said, I recently went to an SC to see the colors in person and would definitely recommend it. Computer monitors and cameras aren't accurate so you really need to see the colors in person to be sure of which one you like best.