TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Samsung Gear VR (Oculus) has Model S VR tour

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Korben, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Korben

Korben Member

This is pretty fun. Just bought a samsung gear VR and one of the experiences they offer is a Model S. The app is called "RelayCars."

2. harcocjh

harcocjh Member

Yeah I just tried that out a couple days ago. Pretty cool stuff although a bit limited, epecially the outside view. Only been inside a Model S briefly one time so was neat to see it again even if it was virtual. Will be cool to have my wife try as she's not sat in one yet. The Gear VR is already so compelling and it's only going to get better with the consumer Oculus Rift, HTV Vive, etc.

3. Caligula

Caligula Member

Where'd you find one? It's been sold out on Amazon and Best Buy for weeks.

4. harcocjh

harcocjh Member

I bought the innovator edition around the time when it first came out for the note 4. New one is half the price and slightly better so that's the price I pay for being an early adopter.

5. Korben

Korben Member

Samsung Gear VR 2015 Edition - Newegg.com

They still seem to have them. It took a couple days but it is plausible by Christmas if you hurry!

6. mhpr262

mhpr262 Member

I think 3D VR is still underrated - this will be HUUUGE. I bet only a fraction of the possible uses have even been thought of so far. And it will be here to stay. Movie theaters will be a thing of the past in 15 or 20 years - there will only be a room with lots of seats, each with his own headset and earphones that you put on.