Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Samsung T5 SSD users, What do you use to view files?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had been using an iXpand to be able to use the sentry app on iphone to view events as soon as I got to the car in case i noticed any damage. I switched to the T5 SSD and it wont work with the app I have. What do you guys use to view your files in the car if needed?

So I had been using an iXpand to be able to use the sentry app on iphone to view events as soon as I got to the car in case i noticed any damage. I switched to the T5 SSD and it wont work with the app I have. What do you guys use to view your files in the car if needed?

There are a few apps on the app store but I use Dash View and it works pretty nicely. I haven't used the other apps though so I can't compare it to anything.

Dash view works with the t5? I couldn’t get mine to work which adaptor are you using?

I've used a thumbdrive connecting to my ipad via usbc on the thumbdrive and I've used it connected through regular usb a through the apple usb to usb c adapter. But from my understanding Dash View should work with pretty much any drive that can connect to your device.

How are you connecting it?

I had a lightning cable to usb c and it works on the iPad but not the iphone

Maybe the iphone doesn't have enough power to power an ssd through the lightning wire. Until someone else on the forum replies you might want to do a search on youtube for people setting up tesla sentry mode / dash cams to see if they connect through lightning. The T5 SSD is a very common SSD for people to use. I'm also thinking about getting one instead of the thumb drives that I use