Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio CPS Public Charging - Flat Rate Pilot Program for the low annual fee of $60.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts are that it would really depend on how you charge. Remember, this is going to be J-1772 charging and it will take 4-5 for a full charge.
If you mostly charge at home, $60 on their chargers may be a lot more than you ever would spend.
If you don't have the time to site around to charge at J-1772, then it may not be useful.
f you are near a Supercharger, then it may not be as advantageous.

In my 88 mile 2015 Leaf, I rarely charged away from home. Dependent on where I was, it was different companies that I charged on, (ChargePoint, EVGO, Georgia Power, Blink, etc) because they were the convenient one. But even then, I'm not sure if I ever used a public J-1772 connector, these were most DC Fast Chargers (equivalent to superchargers)

But if there is a plug near work and you don't have charging at home, this would probably be an awesome solution

My thoughts are that it would really depend on how you charge. Remember, this is going to be J-1772 charging and it will take 4-5 for a full charge.
If you mostly charge at home, $60 on their chargers may be a lot more than you ever would spend.
If you don't have the time to site around to charge at J-1772, then it may not be useful.
f you are near a Supercharger, then it may not be as advantageous.

In my 88 mile 2015 Leaf, I rarely charged away from home. Dependent on where I was, it was different companies that I charged on, (ChargePoint, EVGO, Georgia Power, Blink, etc) because they were the convenient one. But even then, I'm not sure if I ever used a public J-1772 connector, these were most DC Fast Chargers (equivalent to superchargers)

But if there is a plug near work and you don't have charging at home, this would probably be an awesome solution
Thank you much for this. I really appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.

We have around 250+ Charge Anywhere (tm) ChargePoint chargers around Austin. Austin Energy has the same type of service (6 months unlimited charging for a $25 fee charged to an Austin Energy bill). There are 7 at work so many people rotate their cars through them during the day. There are ones at many city buildings, HEBs, and for a while, Wal*Marts. In Austin, it's worth it as they are everywhere you want to be (almost), but then again we have big batteries for when they aren't.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
We have around 250+ Charge Anywhere (tm) ChargePoint chargers around Austin. Austin Energy has the same type of service (6 months unlimited charging for a $25 fee charged to an Austin Energy bill). There are 7 at work so many people rotate their cars through them during the day. There are ones at many city buildings, HEBs, and for a while, Wal*Marts. In Austin, it's worth it as they are everywhere you want to be (almost), but then again we have big batteries for when they aren't.
Great information. Thank you!

A small thing I forgot to mention: You do NOT need to be an Austin Energy customer to subscribe. They will just send you a bill every 6 months for the $25 until you stay stop.

Houston here, can confirm. Love the Convention Center and SoCo City Garage locations. Can walk from those to so much good Austin stuff!

Hopefully the SA program will work as well.